Huge watery crop help!!

Feb 13, 2021
My chicken woke up with a good sized watery crop this morning. She is still wanting to act like herself. She went outside and started to scratch but what do I do? Is this an impacted crop or sour? I just noticed it today but she could have had a little in the yesterday morning. Please any advice would be great.

If her crop feels like a water balloon, it's very likely sour crop. Get some women's vaginal yeast cream if you are in the US. It's safe to use orally. In Europe, not so much.

Here's my article on crop disorders to provide you guidance. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Please, people. Add your location to your profile because it helps us guide you to safe medications in your country. Not all countries are the same.

I was feeding my chickens. Yes, use the nystatin/sulfa med. Did you read my article specifying you need to treat for a full seven days twice a day? It's important that the yeast be bombarded by the anti-yeast med.

She may have all the water and dry feed she wants. But her appetite won't be very vigorous as long as the yeast is active. Once she starts eating again with relish, you will know the yeast is being conquered, but do not stop the yeast meds. She needs to be treated for the full seven days.

Back
Top Bottom