Huh? It's a chicken? It lays eggs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by joebryant, Mar 22, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

When I pulled into my driveway yesterday, a young man was removing a stump from my front yard. He had seen and was fascinated by my two silkies that were out in my back yard. He asked what they were. When I told him, he was astonished that they were chickens, and even more so when I told him that they laid an egg every day that you can eat. He'd thought that they were some kind of bird. Anne gave him four silkie eggs.
    He's going to Google, do some research on them, and get some for his girlfriend. He was really excited about them.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. chickenlover50010

chickenlover50010 Kernal Fan Club Member

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    Hahaha!! It's funny how he didn't know that chickens lay eggs...well, atleast you got another chicken lover!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

.....and please inform him that chickens are birds, just one of the "better" birds ![​IMG]

4. joebryant

Quote:I think that he knew chickens lay edible eggs, but he had trouble believing that silkies were chickens.

5. chickenlover50010

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    Silkies are beautiful...sorry, off topic there [​IMG]

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Great.. I can see his girlfriend walking into the beauty salon with them and making their "poofs" twice as big [​IMG] I little shampoo here... some conditioner there... OO! I love that color on your nails! Maybe even a perm [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chickenlover50010

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    Quote:[​IMG]
    It's ugly enough when they make poodles look like that, but a poor silkie?!? And then...what if she dyes it PINK?!?!?! You know how some people dye their dogs pink...Imagine it on a chicken... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    And another one drawn over to the wicked evil side of chickens.

9. chickenlover50010

Jan 19, 2009
    South Jersey
    But what if his girlfriend thinks they are dirty 'things'? What will happen to them?!

10. joebryant

Quote:I've a feeling he might dump his girlfriend if it comes to that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by