Huh! Some buddy he is! Never presume!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by joebryant, Oct 9, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I just bought a coon trap and set it last night hoping to check a coon that's been coming around; no takers this morning. My best friend told me yesterday that, no, he would not shoot an animal that he was not going to eat, not even for me. When I bought the trap I just presumed that he would shoot it for me. We've been best friends since grade school, and we come from the same part of Kentucky.
    Maybe I'll just shoot him instead. Nah, all I have is a pellet gun.
    HMMMMMMMMMM, I might have to rethink this trapping bit. Can't just leave it in there to starve.

ETA I just remembered that I have a .38 pistol that I haven't even looked at for 30 years. Never did know how to shoot it... NEVER MIND!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. moondog425

moondog425 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    When you catch it let it out at his house:lol:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. Chickmate

Chickmate Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    SE Michigan
    Yay for your friend! He's not going to be pressured into doing something he doesn't feel comfortable with. I'm not saying you were harrassing him, but just the fact that you are friends would create a bit of pressure when you asked him to do it. Why can't you just catch and relocate it? If you take it at LEAST 10-15 miles away and release it in a wooded area away from homes, that would solve your problem without having to kill it.

4. joebryant

Quote:It didn't bother him when I told him that I would do that; he said that would be okay. Foiled again! He only lives about two miles from me, and the thing would be back here before I got home.

5. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    I think he was just fishing to see if you'd make him some coon stew. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. joebryant

Quote:Y'spose?

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Geez Joe, just have Anne take care of it.............. [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep, Anne get your gun kind of thing! [​IMG] Once she can shoot the coon, it would make you look bad standing next to her!

9. joebryant

Quote:Quote:Whatever WAS I thinking?
    Without question, some of the world's most brilliant women are on this forum.

10. OCD

OCD Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Bay Area
    Hello! Just piping in, please don't try to relocate the raccoon, it will just die where you put it. It would be lime dumping you in the middle of nowhere without money, without a car or a map! It won't know where to get food, and could encroach on another raccoon's territory. Better off, if it's a big nuisance, to shoot it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by