Humane way to stop mice from invading quail cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
This person is looking for a way to have them magically disappear without having to deal with them. I understand not wanting to kill them. I don't like killing myself, which is why I look for the fastest, most humane way to do it when I have to.

@TobyTheQuail I understand that you don't want them to suffer. That's what just about everyone here is trying to help you with. Unfortunately, with a fast breeding, incredibly prolific disease spreader like mice, there isn't much choice with our current level of technology other than a quick death.

@bill3607 I can see I'm starting to sway ur mind there, huh? Hehe. Come join us at the "compassionate" club. 😉
I think I am a compassionate person. I am compassionate enough that I would never, ever release a disease carrying rodent into someone's living quarters!! 🤣
My friend, all I can say at this point is to do as you feel you need to do.

A snap trap kills them pretty much instantly... poison is a slow and unpleasant death whether it’s the kind that makes them bleed out or the kind that dehydrates them, and glue traps are even worse. Live trap and release probably is even more stressing for a mouse, even though he gets to live I would say for a little animal like that it’s more “torture” to be stuck in a plastic box and carried around by a human. And like others have said either they come back and you just trap and release them again or someone else kills them with something worse. I would imagine everyone would want to live in a world where no animals have to die, but that just isn’t possible. It’s not like if you don’t kill them with a snap trap they’re going to live long, healthy lives and die of old age in a cozy bed... they’ll find someone else’s poison or trap or get eaten by a cat. The mice have to go, and I would choose the option that ends their life in an instant. Clearly I can’t change your mind on this, but I hope you can understand why so many people say that snap traps are the kindest way to go since they don’t really suffer so much as just go lights out.

Whatever method you choose, if you no longer have mice, search everywhere for possible entry routes and block them if you can, clean up any food or pet food spills, seal your stored products and maybe even stick a towel under the gaps under doors. Prevention is the best way to deal with this problem although it’s already late for that.
Sounds like great advice. Thank u.

This person is looking for a way to have them magically disappear without having to deal with them. I understand not wanting to kill them. I don't like killing myself, which is why I look for the fastest, most humane way to do it when I have to.

@TobyTheQuail I understand that you don't want them to suffer. That's what just about everyone here is trying to help you with. Unfortunately, with a fast breeding, incredibly prolific disease spreader like mice, there isn't much choice with our current level of technology other than a quick death.
If I could've made them magically disappear they already would've (poof) been gone. Until I can be assured that these snap mouse traps are 100% cruelty-free and mice aren't going to be caught and trapped there alive, I'm not using them.

If I could've made them magically disappear they already would've (poof) been gone. Until I can be assured that these snap mouse traps are 100% cruelty-free and mice aren't going to be caught and trapped there alive, I'm not using them.
Then what are you going to use? A pied piper? Everything people have suggested, you have said you won't do. Yes, occasionally we snap a mouse that could have been snapped better, but it's either use those or get them with poison, sticky traps or a bb gun.

If you feel unsafe with snap mouse traps, then you could look into "nail gun" mouse traps (not sure about the exact name). Once it fires it should instantly kill the mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom