Humidity after hatch

starrri

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2022
After all the chicks hatch, does the humidity need to stay around 65-70% ? Or can it go down? , this is my first time incubating eggs and I am on day 7, so I really need to know soon !

Humidity is only important until they hatch. After they are all hatched, drying off is good.

They are wet inside the eggs, and need to stay wet until they get out of the shell. If they dry off while they are hatching, they get stuck. But after they hatch, they are supposed to dry off (they will gradually dry off even if the humidity is high, but they will dry faster if the humidity is allowed to drop.)

Humidity is only important until they hatch. After they are all hatched, drying off is good.

They are wet inside the eggs, and need to stay wet until they get out of the shell. If they dry off while they are hatching, they get stuck. But after they hatch, they are supposed to dry off (they will gradually dry off even if the humidity is high, but they will dry faster if the humidity is allowed to drop.

They are wet inside the eggs, and need to stay wet until they get out of the shell. If they dry off while they are hatching, they get stuck. But after they hatch, they are supposed to dry off (they will gradually dry off even if the humidity is high, but they will dry faster if the humidity is allowed to drop.)

Okay, thank you so much for the response! It really helped 😊

I’m on Day 23 and one popped out middle
of the night. Drying well, humidity was at 70 and is now 80 and chick is drying nicely. No other movement yet. Holding out for more. Looks healthy. Ayam Cemani from the mail.

Back
Top Bottom