Humidity, air cell issues on day 17

Nekremer

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2021
Hey there,

I am new to this and I have tons of questions. Firstly I’m currently on day 17. I have regular sized chicken eggs, a few silkies, and a Millie. I have read to lock down on day 17 if you have two different types of eggs. Also I am extremely worried about the size of the air cell. Pictured here, you can see the outline of the air cell for day 7and 14. I looked very briefly last night (day 16) and there hasn’t really been a change in the air cell since day 14. The humidity level has been a struggle. Just when I get it right, it drops or goes high. With the lowest being 35, highest being 65… It is currently at 55. Any help or recommendations?

Attachments

• 7660AE52-4BFC-4C6A-8084-5450B9B18157.jpeg
    7660AE52-4BFC-4C6A-8084-5450B9B18157.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 41
  • B7299D4F-7915-46E6-8CF3-2B3DA9F205FC.jpeg
    B7299D4F-7915-46E6-8CF3-2B3DA9F205FC.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 13
The air cell is…different for each chick I feel like right now I have one due to hatch any day now and she or he has a saddle air sac, is still alive. just entered lockdown. Yours looks like they have a healthy growth rate it looks like…just don’t over humidify before ur supposed to…or you could drown the chicks…but since ur already so far in u should be fine, watch for movement, listen for little peeps.

The air cell is…different for each chick I feel like right now I have one due to hatch any day now and she or he has a saddle air sac, is still alive. just entered lockdown. Yours looks like they have a healthy growth rate it looks like…just don’t over humidify before ur supposed to…or you could drown the chicks…but since ur already so far in u should be fine, watch for movement, listen for little peeps.
I heard my first peep this am!!

I wonder if you know anything about this… just hatched my first regular sized chicken. However the bantams are not even pipping and everything I ready says bantams hatch earlier usually. Two of my bantams eggs were moving like crazy this am. But lately not moving at all.

I wonder if you know anything about this… just hatched my first regular sized chicken. However the bantams are not even pipping and everything I ready says bantams hatch earlier usually. Two of my bantams eggs were moving like crazy this am. But lately not moving at all.
Can you candle the two bantam eggs in a dark room and get clear pictures of the air cell?

Back
Top Bottom