Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

Got another Q for folks! I just candled, last time I'm planning to, on day 15 and the eggs I can see through all look good. But I'm measuring the air cell and one egg that's a little thinner shelled has a bigger air cell than the rest. I want to keep the humidity at a range to keep the rest on track but I'm wondering if I bump up the temp (running slightly cool) and put the dryer egg in the center ring, do you suppose it'll stay more humid / a little cooler and help them all hatch in a similar condition? Thanks for any suggestions! :) 3 days till lockdown! 🤞

Got another Q for folks! I just candled, last time I'm planning to, on day 15 and the eggs I can see through all look good. But I'm measuring the air cell and one egg that's a little thinner shelled has a bigger air cell than the rest. I want to keep the humidity at a range to keep the rest on track but I'm wondering if I bump up the temp (running slightly cool) and put the dryer egg in the center ring, do you suppose it'll stay more humid / a little cooler and help them all hatch in a similar condition? Thanks for any suggestions! :) 3 days till lockdown! 🤞
I would not mess with the temp this close to hatch day, I'd just let nature take its course. Looking forward to pics!💜

Last edited:
I would not mess with the temp this close to hatch day, I'd just let nature take its course. Looking forward to pics!💜
Hi again. So I got my humidity up, removed the turner, and locked down my eggs this morning, day 18. Headed into town for four hours and came back and it has been reading incredibly low temp that whole time. I put a silicone liner with holes in it because I saw several threads saying that a liner with holes is fine and seemed nicer than the hard plastic and I knew silicone wouldn't offgas, but I took it out hoping that would fix things. Both the Govees in there are reading a couple/few degrees too low. Was it because I added more water, second reservoir?? I'm really concerned about killing my hatch, and at this point don't trust my incubator because the thermometers are reading so differently. Any idea what I should do? I've got a couple of broody hens but not sure which I should trust more at this point. To the up in humidity make the gobies read lower temp? They're both stuck at 98.7 even though the incubators at 100.5! Added the water and everything got screwed up. Thanks for any input!!

Last edited:
Hi again. So I got my humidity up, removed the turner, and locked down my eggs this morning, day 18. Headed into town for four hours and came back and it has been reading incredibly low temp that whole time. I put a silicone liner with holes in it because I saw several threads saying that a liner with holes is fine and seemed nicer than the hard plastic and I knew silicone wouldn't offgas, but I took it out hoping that would fix things. Both the Govees in there are reading a couple/few degrees too low. Was it because I added more water, second reservoir?? I'm really concerned about killing my hatch, and at this point don't trust my incubator because the thermometers are reading so differently. Any idea what I should do? I've got a couple of broody hens but not sure which I should trust more at this point. To the up in humidity make the gobies read lower temp? They're both stuck at 98.7 even though the incubators at 100.5! Added the water and everything got screwed up. Thanks for any input!!
When you add water it takes a bit for the temp to get back up, not super long though. How long has it been that low

When you add water it takes a bit for the temp to get back up, not super long though. How long has it been that low
It was that low the entire four and a half hours I was gone! Even after I bumped the incubator up to 101 it was finally creeping into 99 when I had to go again. It even dropped down in the low 97s at one point according to the app.

Just got back home and I'm relieved that my choice to bump incubator up to 101 has successfully gotten me over 99. Hoping that 4 hours today with that temperature difference didn't do in the hatch. I've read they don't like that much fluctuation, really disappointed that that happened. Lesson learned to not leave within 6 hours of lockdown/big changes! 🤦‍♀️🤞

Last edited:
It was that low the entire four and a half hours I was gone! Even after I bumped the incubator up to 101 it was finally creeping into 99 when I had to go again. It even dropped down in the low 97s at one point according to the app.
Once u bump up humidity the temp drops which is normal. You can put the liner back in. The fan is on the top so the liner doesn't effect the temp. The eggs will hatch on time and fine with the temp lowering

Once u bump up humidity the temp drops which is normal. You can put the liner back in. The fan is on the top so the liner doesn't effect the temp. The eggs will hatch on time and fine with the temp lowering
Thank you so much for the encouragement! Should I keep it at "101" which is registering as in the 99 range? Is it normal to have to change your incubator's temperature drastically when you up up the humidity? Learning new things all the time with this operation.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Should I keep it at "101" which is registering as in the 99 range? Is it normal to have to change your incubator's temperature drastically when you up up the humidity? Learning new things all the time with this operation.
I don't change my temp at all. Let me see if I can see what my govee says. Of course mine is tipped over from my hatch so need to stand them up. Lol. Also is the sensor for the govee at the bottom or do u have it at the top? Temp will be lower the lower in the incubator

Back
Top Bottom