Humidity at Lockdown!

Hi - I also have eggs in the incubator for the first time! I'm on day 13 and am getting anxious... I wanted to know what type of hygrometer you all use. Tractor Supply and my local feed store have been sold out of the ones they carry and I just hadn't gotten around to asking on here. I know I need one! Nothing fancy though...what should I get? Thanks!

for my incubator I use a turkey injector and fill it with water then put it in the ventilation hole and aim for where the water is supposed to go.

Hi - I also have eggs in the incubator for the first time! I'm on day 13 and am getting anxious... I wanted to know what type of hygrometer you all use. Tractor Supply and my local feed store have been sold out of the ones they carry and I just hadn't gotten around to asking on here. I know I need one! Nothing fancy though...what should I get? Thanks!
I always use an Acurite digital thermometer. It shows the temperature at the bottom and the humidity percentage at the top. It is very helpful, you can buy one at Walmart for around $8:00.
74eccee2-5d07-4e35-af8f-5af33dc1345e_1.1953793ad7da18e0e566f0c6d094a22c.jpeg

I have been in lockdown for 2 days and noticed the humidity is running around 85-90% can get it to come down will egg be ok or are they going to be junk I know I will find out in a day or so but was just wondering what everyone thought

I am in my first lockdown. One egg to hatch monday & one to hatch Wednesday . The temp is 96 & humidity is 74. Is that good?:confused:

I used mine from lowes it's a digital $9 or $10 with humidity and temp reading up to 102' .. it works great for me...

can I close off one of the two air flow openings in my incubator during lockdown to reduce loss of moisture? Can I add water through one of the holes to increase humidity?

can I close off one of the two air flow openings in my incubator during lockdown to reduce loss of moisture? Can I add water through one of the holes to increase humidity?
Hi! I put a 2x3 inch piece of brand new sponge right below one of the vent holes. Then I put a thicker, clean drinking straw down through the hole right onto the sponge. I use the kind that comes in a tall plastic or glass water bottle because it is long enough not to fall into incubator. Then I very carefully pour 1/2 teaspoon or so of warm/hot water directly onto the sponge. My first incubation I was so worried about shrink wrapping my chicks that I kept opening the incubator lid and tossing the H2O in like a madwoman. Sorry so rambly:)

Back
Top Bottom