Humidity for sebrights?

Poultry mum

Crowing
Jan 22, 2021
Australia
Hi guys
I’m trying to hatch some sebright chicks
Started humidity at 36% temp at 37.6-37.8
Was perfect to start with then somewhere between day 5 and day 12 the eggs all just died
Still running the same temp and humidity as this is perfect for the last little egg that I think is a jap bantam

Does anyone know the perfect humidity for sebrights and when I should be adjusting it in order to get somewhat of a hatch with them??

I know sebrights are really hard to hatch so any help would be good thanks..

I hatch my Sebright eggs along with all the other breeds in the same incubator, they hatch fine.

The problem with Sebrights is they can be very inbred as they arent very common.

I hatched shipped eggs last year and got about 50% hatch rate. Those pullets are now laying and I have sourced a completely unrelated rooster to pair with them. Im hoping to get a stronger line of birds this season to carry on with.

Does anyone know the perfect humidity for sebrights and when I should be adjusting it in order to get somewhat of a hatch with them??
My favorite hatching resource has reason for embryonic failure according to what day of incubation it happened starting around page 51 of the following link..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

I would question incubator ventilation, temperature calibration, and breeder diet for starters.. Are they your eggs or how far did they come from? (noting that shipped eggs can be all bets are off).

Humidity can vary quite widely and still have successful incubation. Temperature is NOT as forgiving. Is your incubator forced or still air? That makes a two degree (F) difference in temperature as well as possibly changes location for taking the measurement.

Hope this helps find some clues.

Happy hatching! :jumpy :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom