HUMIDITY HELP!

mikka

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2017
I am super new to incubating eggs and I am in love!
love.gif
I got an incubator and a thermometer and some beautiful chicken eggs! The farmer told me they were fertile and even introduced me to the parents! All was well, my still-air incubator was at an amazing 101 Fahrenheit. Then after reading, I realized people bought humidity level thermometers! I did add the specified amount of water in the incubator but idk what to do!

So my question is, should my incubator fog up? Or is the fogging just on Lockdown?

AHHHHH pls help I rly want some beautiful chickees!

It shouldn't fog up during the first 18 days, no. It shouldn't really fog up during lockdown, either.

If it's fogging up your humidity is way too high. Get a hygrometer ASAP so you can figure out what the humidity is and adjust it to where it needs to be.

Good luck! I definitely recommend a digital one over a manual gauge, they are much more accurate. If you don't have luck and Petco you can find a nice one at Walmart, I'm sure :)

It shouldn't fog up during the first 18 days, no. It shouldn't really fog up during lockdown, either.

If it's fogging up your humidity is way too high. Get a hygrometer ASAP so you can figure out what the humidity is and adjust it to where it needs to be.
xs 2 and I'm going to give you a link for a humidity article to help you understand and find the right level for you. Many people swear by different ranges, the trick is to finding YOUR level. http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

And I highly suggest checking your thermometers for accuracy. Brand new thermometers can be off and ruin your hatch. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom