Humidity... how high do you take it for lock down

Yeah, so I had shipped eggs and I really hope that a couple more hatch. I am hatching on a dream though I realize that. I am for sure going to raise the humidity the next time and keep it up. I will most likely open the vents as or at least one so that they get air as well.. maybe thats the ticket and then my Genetic hackle farm will take off. Whith any luck

I run at 35 - 45% till lock down then up it to 55 -65% ....My incubators have 4 vents on them 2 in front at the bottom and 2 on top I keep all of them open until lock down then I close the 2 on top half way.....before any one disagrees with me know this I have a 99% hatch rate over the past 30 years
hide.gif
. what I do works for me but may not work for you.

Yeah, so I had shipped eggs and I really hope that a couple more hatch. I am hatching on a dream though I realize that. I am for sure going to raise the humidity the next time and keep it up. I will most likely open the vents as or at least one so that they get air as well.. maybe thats the ticket and then my Genetic hackle farm will take off. Whith any luck

big_smile.png
Just keep track and keep trying different ways. Sometimes what works in one area...doesn't in another.

I run at 35 - 45% till lock down then up it to 55 -65% ....My incubators have 4 vents on them 2 in front at the bottom and 2 on top I keep all of them open until lock down then I close the 2 on top half way.....before any one disagrees with me know this I have a 99% hatch rate over the past 30 years
hide.gif
. what I do works for me but may not work for you.

highfive.gif
That's awesome....in my incubators there are only 2 vents....and they have plugs so there is not a lot of room for adjustment with those.

Well, I bought a fan for the LG...so we shall see if it helps. If it does, I'll buy 2 more so 3 will have the fan and the hatcher won't need it right?

Back
Top Bottom