Humidity in LG at 40%

secuono ,little giant incubators r JUNK
somad.gif

never had good hatched with them
he.gif

They are the same as DIY cooler incubators. Just more costly priced parts.
I spent over $100 on it, not gonna just throw it out and spend $300 on another bator, more fancy, holds less eggs and still might not hatch anything.

Both my LG and hovabator are sitting at 36% humidity and I am a week away from hatch. The problem is the outside unit to our central air/heat burned up a few days and even though this is Florida it's 56 degrees inside the house so I do not dare open the bators at all. At least the bators are holding temp well I'll just have to live with the humidity for the next day or so.(thank God I have turners in both) I have 74 eggs between the 2 bators so I am so glad lockdown is 4 days away.

Last edited:
i don't know about the lap top fan, but i know a pc fan works great, almost any junk pc,s fan will still work, these fans are hard to kill, they will run forever.

Quote:
I have a room where I keep my brooder and sickbay, so the heat lamp for the brooder keeps the room warm and steady, even though the rest of the house goes from warm to freezing overnight. The bator only changes when I open it. ^.^

The bator is at 55% now, took out all the water cups from before days ago. It's still staying at 55. Is that really too high?
Have a thermometer on the eggs and one below. Temps are about 101F and 98F.

Quote:
I only have a dead laptop to work with. No computer stores anywhere near here.
No idea how to attach it either, or what other things I will need to protect the wires from the humidity. Also, not really wanting to mess up and kill the bator. I don't have money to toss out the window..
sad.png

What about a thrift store. I don't get to go to them much, but every time I do I see piles of fans. Usually under a buck too. Matter of fact I bought a few of them when we were building bators and I think I got 5 for under $3

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom