Humidity level for lockdown

What is your humidity level for lock-down??

• 60's

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 70's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If less or greater than above options, please post in the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Awe-some Acre

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Maple Hill, NC
Good morning everyone,

I have read a lot of the threads about the humidity levels for days 1-18 and lock-down and there are a lot of suggestions. For the first 18 days I have had the humidity between 50-60 and when candling the eggs are thriving. I am just curious as to others successful hatch rates and their humidity for lock-down. Some are in the 60's and one I read was 70-80; these are such big differences I don't want to screw up my perfectly good eggs with the wrong humidity level. They go into lock-down tomorrow and I am setting up the incubator they are going to hatch in today. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Dana

I have been wondering the same thing! My eggs went into lockdown this last Tuesday and are due to hatch today (Friday). I never could find a consensus so I filled every inch of my incubator tray with water and the highest I could get it was 65% I figured that was a happy medium. My eggs started piping yesterday and one was pipped and starting to zip forever! I woke up this morning to three out and a bunch more pips. Seems to be ok?

I have been wondering the same thing! My eggs went into lockdown this last Tuesday and are due to hatch today (Friday). I never could find a consensus so I filled every inch of my incubator tray with water and the highest I could get it was 65% I figured that was a happy medium. My eggs started piping yesterday and one was pipped and starting to zip forever! I woke up this morning to three out and a bunch more pips. Seems to be ok?
I can get mine to the 70's to 80's, I just am so worried with this being my first hatch. I have done so good up until now and I am so afraid I am going to screw them up lol. I guess I will try between the 60's-70's. I guess we all have to do trial and error.

Thank you,

Dana

Back
Top Bottom