humidity levels

mamagallina

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
If the humidity level in my incubator is 60% what's the ideal temperature for hatching chickens?

Quote:
Just wanted to tell you what my friend suggested works for her. She hatches out lots of silkies and has great success. On day 19, she places a quarter piece(cut it) of a Magic Eraser that has been wet with warm water in the incubator to up the humidity(of course this is a new Eraser--don't use anything used or that may have chemicals on it) and try not to place it up against the eggs. Anyhow, it holds the moisture in much better than a sponge!!! I'm trying this technique right now--currently on day 19 now! Hope this helps!
wink.png
I'll keep you posted on my hatch!!!

After shorting out the LG, building a now non-working hatcher, buying a hovabator still air, and loosing three hatches, I'm back to incubating and hatching in the cabinet. The humidity RARELY gets over 50% and it stays the same from day 1 to day 21... so I give up. After loosing three hatches, I left this one in the cabinet and hatched 6 out of 8 so far, and I'm waiting on the 7th to finish hatching as I type. So who knows....... if it continues to work, I'll leave well enough alone, and not worry about the numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom