Humidity must've worked I HAVE A CHICK! *update 100%hatch !**

Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Indiana
Okay my incubator took little or no water to be the correct humidity. Now that I'm trying to raise it for hatch I cant get it to go up past 52%. I filled all water trays and threw a sponge in the bottom under the wire and sshelf liner. It has been about 2 hours but I have opened it to get the eggs arranged. How long should I wait to add more?

Last edited:
bigger, wetter and warmer sponge????

I hate this stage of the game... it's always so hard to regulate. Good luck
fl.gif

No fair running to another thread
tongue.png

When you put it in the microwave then the bator- your temps are going to spike...don't worry, Im still here.
They need a smiley icon that goes: "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

What kind of incubator do you have? Are you sure your hygrometer is reading it correctly? I would think if you added all that it should be reading higher. Do you have another hygrometer to get a second reading with? Good Luck hope it gets straighten out for you.

Last edited:
Sorry didnt mean to run out on ya! Just hoping a giant "help" in the subject would get some input. Threw 2 maxi pads in. Reading went up immediately. Too lazy to go downstairs and microwave em. Now to get that stupid temp fixed. It is ALWAYS too high or too low!

Wow! The humidity jumped right up to 65. Now if I can get the temp back up... How's yours doing? I'm taking the thermometer probe out for a minute so it can reset itsself. Okay I am freaking out. Why cant I get the numbers right!

Im SOOOOOO tired, but too scared to go to bed because of the temperature.
Stupid control. If I can just assure myself it wont spike in the next six hours- I will get some sleep.

Everytime I leave the room it spikes. I dont care how much my husband whines I am not moving till its right. This is almost as scary as when I had my own baby.

Back
Top Bottom