Humidity Problem - Need Ideas ASAP Please!

quiltnchik

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Virginia
Today is day 18/19 and I'm having a heck of a time getting my humidity to stay over 65%. I have an LG still-air and have all the wells full, plus a maxi-pad under each vent hole (both are soaked). Right now the temp is 101.5 and humidity is 67%, but that's with both red plugs in. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the humidity to stay up like it's supposed to? Is 67% high enough? Shouldn't the red plugs be out? If I remove them, the humidity drops down below 65%.
barnie.gif

I have an LG and I have no idea what the humidity is. I never have. I just keep the water wells full, added 2 sponges and turn the book under them 3 or 4 times a day, I did pull one of the red plugs out before I ever put my eggs in. My GS dog got in one of his guianias nest and ate most of the eggs, they brought 6 over and everyone said to throw them away, they weren't gonna hatch, so far I have hatched three,temp never ranges over 100 but has dropped some at times. If they hatch, they hatch, if they don,t I'll toss them and start over. marrie
today is # 15

Last edited:
yes the red plugs are suppose to be taken out & at this point both of them. Get a sponge, wash cloth or a sock wet it & slip it in if the humidity is around 60 to 65 it's going to be ok & when the first hatches the humidity is going to shoot way up.. I think more important that humidity is the plugs coming out they need the air circulation.

Randy I LOVE the way you put in the sponges & I'm going to remember that for next time....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom