Humidity was at 70% for three straight days

Blalock0830

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2023
We had a problem with the humidity for 3 days. Couldnt get it down.
It was around 70% from day 11 thru day 14.
Did i hurt the babies?

What kind of eggs are you incubating. Have you candled the eggs to see where the aircell is, if it has changed or not?
Do you have a calibrated hygrometer or are you using the instruments sensors?
If they are chicken eggs, you have time to adjust the Rh, to help lessen out the effects of too much moisture in the egg. If they are Coturnix or button quail eggs, it may not help to reduce the Rh, so the eggs will lose moisture in time to affect the hatch.

Last edited:
What kind of eggs are you incubating. Have you candled the eggs to see where the aircell is, if it has changed or not?
Do you have a calibrated hygrometer or are you using the instruments sensors?
If they are chicken eggs, you have time to adjust the Rh, to help lessen the out of moisture in the egg. If they are Coturnix or button quail eggs, it may not help to reduce the Rh, so the eggs will lose moisture.
They are chicken eggs I'm using the digital gauge on the incubator . This is the 1st time we've done this So I'm not real educated on the candling process Some of the eggs hadn't air pockets at others kind of moved around I don't know which is the right one

They are chicken eggs I'm using the digital gauge on the incubator . This is the 1st time we've done this So I'm not real educated on the candling process Some of the eggs hadn't air pockets at others kind of moved around I don't know which is the right one
Never ever trust the instruments sensors, either temperature or relative humidity, they are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable.
Get 2 or 3 thermometers and hygrometers, calibrated them and then you will know with greater certainty the parameters of the incubator.

If you see the aircell moving around, that's a bad sign, means that it has become detached...usually from harsh handling during shipping.
There are lots of good articles here that you can do a search on and learn about incubating eggs and calibrating thermometers and hygrometers.

Back
Top Bottom