Humidity ?

EmilySmith2525

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
Newcastle,United Kingdom
Hi,
So I should be exspecting my chicks this weekend so I went on lockdown yesterday. I have a incubator with reservoirs so I fill them myself, however In order to fill them I have to take the lid off the incubator. I checked them today and they look significantly lower than yesterday and obviously I want to keep them high for lockdown. If they get too low should I refill even if I have to take the lid off? Also I have a water spray bottle should I spray it over the eggs if one is to hatch?

Hope u’s can help :)

Hi :frow

Even though it’s not ideal yes take the lid off and quickly fill up. Humidity is created by surface area of water and not depth so if you can add sponges and or cloth to create the surface area that would really help. What kind of incubator do you have? Is there any chance you could use tubing and a syringe to get water through a vent hole to top up?

Hi :frow

Even though it’s not ideal yes take the lid off and quickly fill up. Humidity is created by surface area of water and not depth so if you can add sponges and or cloth to create the surface area that would really help. What kind of incubator do you have? Is there any chance you could use tubing and a syringe to get water through a vent hole to top up?
X2. And provided none of them have pipped it won’t matter to open the lid (although sometimes it can be hard to tell as they may have pipped on the underside of the egg). Best of luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom