Humidity............

Quote:
I am one of those that doesn't worry too much about the humidity until the last three days..I will fill the area that is there in my bator with water, when it gets low, I refill it..I don't even watch the humidity. Then, on the last three days, I keep the area full, plus I just put in a sponge for extra moisture..once a chick hatches, the humidity shoots up pretty good, don't worry about it again.
Not sure what type of bator you have, but if you don't have a place for water, you can put a small container in, keep it filled, about a half a cup should do just fine. Some folks actually do the complete dry hatch...and they do fine. Hope this helps.

I get paper towels or rags and wet them with warm water and put it on the bottom of the incubator, it always brings the humidity up. I have also experimented with sponges ande they seem to not work very well.

The $5.00 question is what type of incubator do you have? Styrobators, use sponges, paper towels ect.

Not to be coy, or create a phun, but humidity is relative. I live in Louisiana. My RH right now in my house is 75%. I can make it rain in the bator if I'm not careful. First hatch with my Brisnea I had the humidity at 80% before I knew it. So if you live in a dry area, add surface area for the water to evaporate such as sponges, towels, ect.

Baralak, I have a Brinsea Mini Advance and right now my humidity is running 35-42% with zero water in it. It has gone up a teeny bit since yesterday. I also live in the south. I'm only on day 2, but as the eggs evaporate, I figure the humidity will continue to go up. I calibrated my hygrometer before I set the eggs. Does this sound like it's doable? I plan to increase humidity on lockdown (of course) but I'm actually worried about getting it too high.

Ahh... Brinsea... Well, I would make sure your vent is opened about half way.. Brinsea's are wonderful about keeping humidity levels correct. The eggs will give a little humidity, but at a point they will start absorbing mosture. Where you have it now is GREAT!..

Your doing a good JOB.. How about a couple of pics of your bator!

Back
Top Bottom