humidity

Like was said go get a different thermometer set up, the thermometer that comes with some of the Styrofoam type incubators doesn't work right, I have a farm innovators 42 egg incubator and the thermometer and hygrometer are both useless.

ya the element is working does it matter if u don't fill the bator fully its 21/40

having a full incubator will allow for more thermal mass of eggs to hold the heat a little more steadily as well as provide moisture from evaporation from inside the egg however you should still be able to create your own humidity with water, I am doing the same type of batch right now in a Styrofoam incubator and my temp is fluctuating a couple degrees on occasion but it is staying in a safe range and I am keeping humidity from 30 to 40% with adding water

I don't think that is high enough for hatch time most people say 60 to 70% for the last 3 days, have you tried putting pieces of sponge or papertowel pieces sticking out of the water to act as wicks and draw the moisture into the air? Also I don't know what type of incubator you have but keeping the larger vent holes closed until hatch time will help keep the humidity in as well, however your eggs do need oxygen so if the large vents are all you have you may need to keep them somewhat open.

:;~~New 48 Eggs Incubator automatic Chicken Brooder Poultry P~~ one year warranty, Auto Hygrometer, Turbo Fan EUR 125.

~~Hatching your own chicklings is no longer a hard project! Without the mother present, ONLY simply plug in and add water and eggs, and come with an electronic thermostat that regulates temperature in the right degree. Top Tips for Hatching in an Incubator: Successfully hatching chickens that are healthy depends completely on maintaining a controlled environment for the entire period of incubation. The main factors to be controlled are: *Temperature; *Humidity; *Ventilation (oxygen); *Turning. Care more about those 4 main factors, our model is just your ideal one! FULLY Auto! Pro 48 eggs incubator * Spacious with four view windows design, simple and easy to use * Robust hygienic ABS construction for easy cleaning: better than others’ PVC * Temperature Control & Alarm: built-in auto thermometer (temperature detector) * Humidity Control & Alarm: built-in auto hygrometer + separate water compartments * Air Circulation for even incubator temperature: built-in turbo fan & two air vents * Fully Auto Turner (Egg-Turning Device: Cradle Type) * LED digital display, Day Counter * 4 View Windows: 7cm diameter of each, to watch hatching process in ANY TIME * Egg Tray: 4.5cm diameter for each hole, suitable for ALMOST all poultry eggs * European Standard: CE Certified * Power: 220-240v / 50-60Hz, <=160W * Egg Capacity: 48

I don't have any experience with that incubator however it will work on the same principle as any other, if you are having trouble keeping humidity then either your hygrometer isn't reading right or you actually don't have enough humidity, to increase humidity you must add surface area of water, not depth of water, so if you need to boost it up and the provided water wells aren't doing it you will need to add some more shallow water dishes to increase the surface area of water, or else add sponge pieces or paper towel pieces sticking out of the water to wick moisture into the air. I will again suggest getting a second hygrometer from a pet store or wal mart type store and check it against your built in one, those built in ones aren't always accurate. You can check the calibration of hygrometers easily with some salt and water, do a search for it on here there are many threads explaining it. If you actually are up to 46% now I wouldn't go any higher than that until the last 3 days, also note the size of your air cell when candling this will tell you if you need more humidity or less.

Back
Top Bottom