Hunched over sick chicken help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tangerinedreams, Nov 20, 2010.

1. tangerinedreams

tangerinedreams Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    One of my chickens is all hunched over, she hasnt eaten much and looks pretty out of it. Can anyone give me advice of what to do that might help? I have NO idea what it could be.

She is very wobbly and looks like her balance is off. I've tried to put food right in front of her and she either feebly pecks a bit or just misses and pecks the ground. I'd kind of describe her as looking drunk but obviously shes not...

Any advice?

Thansk in advance

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A lot of times the advice for the "drunk" chicken is vitamins.

Sorry your chicken is sick

Imp

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3569

Copy/paste
    the questions from the above link (please read sticky from this section of the forum) into your post and answer as many of them as you can. The more info. you give the more likely somone will be able to help you. In the meantime, I agree with Imp--try a few drops of poly-visol infant drops (NO IRON) alongside her beak 2x a day. Unless she has cocci, and it doesn't sound like it from what you describe, the vits won't hurt and could very well help.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Hunched over is a sign of Coccidia...get some CORID ASAP...make sure the coop is clean & dry and the run is too...cocci love warm & humid/wet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by