Hunched over silkie?

shannoncat

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 8, 2012
So I noticed yesterday that my silkie was walking around hunched over, and I never thought anything of it, but when I went up today I noticed that she was still doing it. I was reading about how she (we're pretty sure she's a she) could be egg bound or something, but she's never laid an egg before, considering she's only around four months old. Should I be concerned? And what should I do?

Well with egg bound chickens I've heard to hold their bum under warm water for I THINK 30 min or so. It should help her pass the egg. If not then she's i don't believe egg bound.

We checked and she's not egg bound, so I don't know what could be wrong with her. :\

I don't think she hurt her back, because we were handling her, and she didn't seem to be in pain or anything. She's not moving around a whole lot. She'll still walk, but she doesn't seem to have as much energy.

I looked up some chicken diseases, but she didn't fit the description of any of them.

She does have some of the symptoms of cocci, but I haven't seen any bloody stools, and she's still eating. I didn't really notice if her eyes were closed, since she's so fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom