Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ch.9
My cast was getting full of dirt, and my leg was starting to ache, but I grabbed the rope, and started to climb up, hoping that I wouldn't be seen.
The police sirens were getting louder, and I felt a little less nervous, but kept climbing till I reached the top.
Amy helped me into the tree house, and we sat there, looking out the window.
We saw the policemen get out of their cars, and the man walk up to them, gun in hand, and point into the woods.
"What the? What're they doing?' I asked, not comprehending what the police were doing cooperating with that man.
Amy looked at me, and shrugged.
We watched them as they combed the woods.
"Are they helping him look for us?" she asked.
That's when I realized, they were. They were helping him look for us. Helping him hunt us down.
I pulled the rope up into the tree house.
"I don't think they're real police." I whispered into Amy's ear.
She nodded, and we stayed silent.
After a few minutes, we heard the men talking.
"So your brother got drunk, and then got arrested? What a shame. He was our best hunter."
The gunman spoke back to the man, "Yes, he did. He failed to hack into the local police operator's line like we were taught.
Speaking of that, when did the freaks of nature say that the parents would be home?"
Another man spoke up, ''Ah, I was in charge of the hacking, one of them said that they would be home later today."
The gunman nodded to the first speaker, "Go up to the house and keep watch. When they show up, dispose of them like you did the other one's parents."
I looked at Amy.
Her eyes were beginning to water, and she looked afraid.
I realized what they had said.
They had killed my parents. MY parents.
I began to cry, and Amy reached over and wiped my tears, motioning for me to be quiet.
I understood, and tried to suppress my sadness. I would have time to cry later.
Amy whispered into my ears, "What did they mean by freaks of nature?"
I didn't know, and I didn't want to know.
I shook my head and watched as the men got closer, hoping that they would keep going. Watching them and waiting for them to pass.
Suddenly we heard two shots, and a man's scream. Then, what sounded like snarling!
The screaming stopped.

th.gif

Ch.10
I watched as two streaks of black and brownish-red flew through the woods, knocking out the men one by one.

A few times, they screamed, and then were knocked out cold.
Whatever these streaks were, they seemed to be helping us out.
After a few minutes, the streaks stopped and I glimpsed what looked like wolves.
They started to move again, and ran up the exact places that Amy and I had run. Then, sat at the bottom of the tree, and looked up at where we were sitting.
The black one looked like he was anxious to get out of these woods, looking around every few seconds.
I didn’t know what to do.
Amy, and I looked out at them, and they looked up at us, as if wanting us to climb down.
Then, the brown one began to whimper, as if talking, and I could hear jumbled words coming up to my ears, “Com- do-n n-w, -ts s-fe.,” then, her words became clearer, “Amy, Lena, follow us. We need to go now.”
Amy and I looked at each other in disbelief.
“Amy, did that wolf just talk?”
“You heard it, too?”
“Yeah.”
“What should we do?”
“I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be stuck here with the gunmen."
“But what if they attack you?”
“I don't know,” I gave the gun to Amy, and threw the rope over the edge of the tree house, “Use it if you need to.”
Amy looked at me with a worried expression. “I hope I won’t have to use this. Is it loaded?”
That was right. I had never checked.
I took the box out of my pocket, and took the clip out of the gun, filling it to the top.
“Don’t worry, Amy,” I said as I put the clip back into the gun, “we’ll be fine.”
I wasn’t sure if that was true, but I began to descend the rope, hoping that my fate wouldn’t be at the bottom.
The wolves just sat there, waiting, not moving except for an anxious muscle or two.
I dropped down the remaining foot, and landed between the two.
They made no move to inflict any harm.
The black one spoke now, looking up into the tree, “Come down Amy.
Quickly, now.”
Amy came down, and the wolves began to take us deeper into the woods.
I didn’t like it, but I followed them, thinking I would have a better chance with them than I would wit men & guns...
The black one kept looking back at us, making sure we were still coming behind them.
I still thought it was weird, but they were probably our best chance right now.
He spoke up, “Lena, where are your parents?”
A wave of horror fell over me as I remembered what the man had said back there. Tears began to flood my eyes, but I decided to answer this mysterious wolf, "That man...he said they killed them.''
I heard the black one begin to grumble, and heard a few words of it, “Dirty little- torturing these poor children.”
“What do you mean? Are my parents still alive?”
“They are most likely still alive. They were probably just trying to get you to cry to reveal your location. Dirty little Bas-”
“Charles! Not around the children!”
“Yes, I’m sorry about that.”
Did she say Charles? That’s Amy’s dad’s name!
I realized then and there that these wolves weren't as mysterious as I had thought. They were Amy’s parents! They must be!
Apparently, Amy must have realized that too, because she stopped dead in her tracks, and fell back.
She was out cold!
“Uh-oh! That’s not good.” I said.
How were we supposed to get out of here now?
The black wolf spoke up, “I guess they know, now. No reason to keep my guise.”
I looked at him, and was horrified to see him changing.
His bones were turning around, and his fur was retracting.
“Lena, look away. Now!”
I did, but I could still hear his grunts, and the cracking of bones.
His panting became harsh breathing, and I heard the sound of the leaves crackling as he got up.
I heard him moving, and the opening of some kind of zipper.
Had they worn backpacks? No, I guess not, but where did that sound come from?
I took the best guess that I could, and convinced myself that they had hidden bags of clothing all around these woods, and he just found one.
“Ok, you can turn around now, Lena.” I heard a familiar voice say after a few minutes.
That only ensured that he was Amy’s dad.
As I turned around, I saw him, the actual Mr. Samson leaning over Amy in a blue sweater vest, and some jeans.
He picked her up, and motioned for me to follow them once again.
I hesitated, then began to follow, trying to catch up with their quick pace.
Mr. Samson had to be really strong, because we easily walked 2/3 of a mile through the woods to get to my house, avoiding everyroad we could.
My parents were, to my relief, waiting for us inside.
“See. Just a dirty trick.” Mr. Samson told me.
It took a few minutes for Amy to wake up, but she finally did, and when she did, she hugged all of us.
My dad spoke up, thank you, Charles, June, but we’re not out of the woods yet."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom