Hunting Laws In The USA

Quote:
I'm a legal resident of Wisconsin but am active duty military in Texas. Wisconsin gives me a free fishing permit each year, I think a small game license is available for free too. Texas gives me a free "super combo permit" good for almost everything. In most states I can fish for free as long as I am on leave and present my leave papers.

Mac, do ya 'spose Offspring would wanna to join our military so he can fish for free when he has time off? ( And I do agree that's the least we can do for our military personnel considering the working conditions!)

Quote:
I just thought I'd throw that in there, since folks were commenting on how regulations vary from state to state and comments about how expensive it had become in areas.

Offspring is welcome to join our Armed Forces. A lot of people don't know it, but we have a good number of foreign citizens who are willing to serve for the United States. They are allowed to serve one enlistment, are limited in the security clearance they can obtain, and may be limited to where they can deploy to because of passport and citizenship issues. If they wish to serve beyond a first term they are welcome to apply for US citizenship which is almost guaranteed after serving our country.

It's more common than one would think, I have served with Canadian, Mexican, British, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Korean, and Russian immigrants in the US Air Force and that's just the count of folks I have personally known.

Hunting is not only a privelge , it's also your right . I respect everyones opinion on it , but I don't agree with all . I'm from Kalispell Montana , one of the last best places left in this country as far as I'm concerned . Most states you have to lease a "hunting" spot but around here all you have to do is step out your front door . I don't hunt for glory or sport , Ihunt for food . If anyone hasn't noticed the price of meat is ovewhelming . I personally think in my area they should give out special permits to be able to hunt on private property because in our county(this is reported fromFWP) there are more deer killed in vehicular accidents then there are during hunting season.

States issue hunting quotas based on the health of the current herds and flocks. In the United States, deer, bear and Wild Turkey populations are at an all time high, thanks to hunting regualtions and well funded wild life programs. Most of the monies come from hunters.

I remember one year in Colorado they wanted to stop Elk hunting. The head of their fish and game department was interviewed. He said that was possible , but when he brought up the amount of taxes that the people would have to pay, to make up for the lost revenue from hunters, the issue was dropped.

Many hunting organizartion purchase land to insure that wild fowl will have proper breeding habitats (Ducks Unlimited). Most of their members are hunters, not non-hunters.

IF you want your children and their children , to be able to experience wild life, like you can today, hunters and the monies they spend will insure that their is land and wild life on it , for a long time to come.

I know this is a "bird forum" but I'm just making ya'll aware, there is also a pheasant, duck, grouse, and goose season....My hubby is an avid bird hunter but I prefer "clay birds"
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom