hunting license question in Ga

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
Does anyone know if you have to have a hunting license to hunt deer on private property in Ga? DH's boss has given him and DD permission to hunt on his land and I was wondering if DD needs a license.

How old is she?
Does he have his?

I think Ga law is you can only hunt on blood family property without a license.

Last edited:
the law reads pretty much like this

No person is required to have a license if hunting on their own private land or the land of a direct family member, that being a father mother daughter or son and living in the same house as the property owner.

As deer harvest record is still needed.

Being that yall dont own this land, yes anyone 16 of age or older will need the full license and she will need to take the hunters saftey course to be able to apply for one.

You can Google Georgia Hunting License and all the info will pop up for you, including locations in your area for her to take the Hunters Saftey Course.

If she is ages (I think starting at) 12-15 and hunting in another stand or away from him she WILL need a license.
To get one you must take a 10 hour course then a 2 hour review and test. OR you can go to a local station and get the free CD-rom and skip the 10 hour class OR your can go online and take online classes (for a fee). All options you have to go to the 2 hour review and testing.
They usually only hold it once a month so you might want to check into it asap!

Ok, apparently she has one, its just expired so she needs a new one. I had no idea she got one last year.
hmm.png
She says she just can get it on-line with a credit card. Shows you what I know...

Back
Top Bottom