Hunting Season Opens in GA Today - Loud and Scary!

I have a buddy that was shot in the arm by a drunk hunter.
My buddy was hunting on his own land, and wearing an orange vest, just incase someone strayed in.

Quote:
Maybe you should give your goats a coat of orange paint til after Christmas!
big_smile.png

I agree with you, real hunters are mostly responsible and not a problem. It's the bo-bo's who think getting drunk with a gun is a smart plan, who will shoot at anything that moves.

Ruth, your story cracked me up!

But, I'm begging all of you who live in subdivisions recently built in the country (see me,down on my knees, hands pressed together) please, please, please, don't start going to your county commissioners, etc, to 'put a stop to all this nonsense' that was going on way before that land was ever cleared. That's what happens in Jacksonville which we moved from last year. City dwellers move further out, and then they get stuff shut down (like Friday night drag racing AT A RACE TRACK, which people paid to go to and run at) because of the noise, or because of some other reason. So please respect those who were there first. Climbing off the soapbox now!
big_smile.png

Hi Valerie, I appreciate your post. I'm in an area that used to be very rural but now the suburbanites are moving in and trying to "citify" it. Even though I made a comment about dove season sounding like a war zone, I really am blessed to be in a town that values its "rural values." We just elected city council members, and I specifically voted for those people who have lived here a long time and have as a priority to keep our country COUNTRY. We voted against the folks who live in the McMansion neighborhoods who might be inclined to start banning our livestock and putting in zoning restrictions. There are some minor downsides (no animal control!) but the upsides are worth fighting for!

I'm on 4.65 acres and I moved here to raise animals. I am determined to keep the right to do so!

Cindy T.
Parker, TX

Back
Top Bottom