Hunting!

Bammony

Red-dress-less
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
Salina, Utah
My husband is going elk hunting this weekend. I really really hope he comes home with one. He may only have two days out of the whole hunt to go. That one elk would give us the best meat in the world for an entire year. I told him he's welcome to take the goat to help him pack it out......he just stared at me------>:eek:. Why does he keep looking at me like that?
wink.png

Elk huntin... Oh man, thats my dream hunt! The likely hood of drawin a elk tag in OK's slim to none, so I guess I'll go elsewhere when I find the money tree. But anyway, good luck with them elk!

You just go buy an elk tag here in utah. Of course that's just for a spike elk, but it's still elk. We cut and wrap our own meat. No, elk doesn't taste like deer, IMO. I love elk meat. There's nothing better to eat for dinner than an elk steak, homemade rolls, baked potato, a big salad and some asparagus. Ok, I'm hungry now.

Elk hunting! That is awsome, a lifetime dream hunt around here. In TN it's all about whitetail deer. I'm a big deer hunter and depend on 6-8 deer a year to live off of. good luck chasin them massave bulls.

I'll be posting plenty of pics of the hunt once he gets back. I still can't believe he didn't want to take my goat for packing.
roll.png

Quote:
Amen to that! And of course, some elk sausage and elk jerky on the side! And a rootbeer...

So ya just buy one there, huh? Then I'm goin to Utah LOL! Just wonderin, what's the season dates there for bow and rifle, respectively?

Last edited:
Bow hunt for elk is from the middle part of August till the end of August. The rifle elk hunt begins Saturday. It's seems like most of my area of utah shuts down for the elk hunt. Us woman that are married to hunters are called Huntin Widows around here. LOL.No one has a husband around for a couple weeks.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom