Hurricane Harvey coop rebuild (Picture heavy)

Pics
Our climates aren't much different and I would so suggest not to use hay. (Unless it has a roof and completly enclosed) Hay was my most favorite thing to put down in my old coop. I loved the way it looked and smelled when it was fresh and boy did the birds love it also! But after nasty winters and layers and layers it built up and rats made a nest underneath the years of build up. That's one of the reason I completly tore that coop down and will start from scratch.

Really nice job you did!! :thumbsup

Our climates aren't much different and I would so suggest not to use hay. (Unless it has a roof and completly enclosed) Hay was my most favorite thing to put down in my old coop. I loved the way it looked and smelled when it was fresh and boy did the birds love it also! But after nasty winters and layers and layers it built up and rats made a nest underneath the years of build up. That's one of the reason I completly tore that coop down and will start from scratch.

Really nice job you did!! :thumbsup
Too late! :eek:
That’s okay. I’m building it up and mixing it in with leaves, branches, chunks of bark, etc. to avoid the matted poop carpet effect. Fingers crossed it works in the long run.

Too late! :eek:
That’s okay. I’m building it up and mixing it in with leaves, branches, chunks of bark, etc. to avoid the matted poop carpet effect. Fingers crossed it works in the long run.

I hope it does too!! I'm in the middle of making a temp coop/run out of an old dog pen and I'm hoping I got it on high enough ground!! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom