Hurricane Harvey coop rebuild (Picture heavy)

Pics
Wow that’s awesome! How many chickens will you be getting?
Lol... eight.
I’m getting them primarily as pets to get back into the hobby. In the past I had a flock of 30 or so for egg production. That’s too much for me to maintain right now though.
It looks fantastic so far but your not kidding about this heat! I'm about 4 hours away from you and I start sweating just walking across the parking lot to my car.
Geez, it’s bad right now. We were dying trying to shovel and rake that sand around this afternoon.

Communication can be tricky online.
Looks like you're going great guns!
Quick question. Do you think it’s a stupid idea to line the perimeter with landscaping bricks? They are an awkward shape but I have basically unlimited supply. Would it just be ugly and not worth the time, in your opinion?
F1ADD7C0-E600-4B03-8EAF-7CDEA45556FB.jpeg B2B0F7FA-E1B4-4FB4-88EE-83DC027B5D82.jpeg

I'm not aart, but I think that that it's a great idea and it might end up looking kinda neat. You could always make it like a pool deck ;)
On an entirely unrelated (sorta) topic, did you decide on your breeds?
Yea I’m just thinking it’d look stupid with just one layer all around the outside.. functional but weird. Maybe not, I dunno.

And yes I did! Welsummer, buff orp, EE, and barred rocks. Two of each. Trying to get friendly heat tolerant birds. My limit was 6 but I convinced husband of 8 because “roosters and sickness!” Hehe.

Quick question. Do you think it’s a stupid idea to line the perimeter with landscaping bricks? They are an awkward shape but I have basically unlimited supply. Would it just be ugly and not worth the time, in your opinion?
View attachment 1441964 View attachment 1441965
On the inside or outside?
Outside wouldn't do to much to deter diggers and wall mesh is already well braced with the build up of soil.
Inside would keep the birds from digging down along the run wall(mine do that) and they'll be covered with deep litter so you wouldn't see any of the 'stupid looking' .
Not sure really, I'd probably skip it, I'd save them until you see a real need.

On the inside or outside?
Outside wouldn't do to much to deter diggers and wall mesh is already well braced with the build up of soil.
Inside would keep the birds from digging down along the run wall(mine do that) and they'll be covered with deep litter so you wouldn't see any of the 'stupid looking' .
Not sure really, I'd probably skip it, I'd save them until you see a real need.
I meant outside but I agree. Not worth breaking my back over.

Back
Top Bottom