Hurricane Harvey coop rebuild (Picture heavy)

Pics
Well I’m doing #3 lol.
I’m knackered.
Sanding is totally done. Brushed the entire thing down and added one coat to the main body. Didn’t have much of a choice with colors, I’m using leftovers from my parents house. All the same, I think it might look cute in the end. Or maybe not.
View attachment 1450931
Egg box and roof will be white.
It’s a lot of blue, I know.
I love the color :love
There is no such thing as too much blue! I love it! Blue is my favorite color and that's a great shade!:love
X2

Painting is done! I know I said functionality is first but hey... I’m an artist :idunno
2236D918-29F8-4D69-860B-2F02C37DB8E9.jpeg

DACA45D9-78C8-46FA-AD58-B85F777A527D.jpeg

9DB1041B-0E03-4DA2-86C9-573B188357F0.jpeg

I can already hear my father in law teasing me. “So does the blue keep raccoons out or do your chickens just like to feel pretty?”

I'm thinking we need to come up with a way to prop the roof of the nesting boxes open safely somehow for next summer.
Or just add a one or two inch vent all the way around maybe 3 inches from the top of the nest box wall on the nest box wall.
Painting is done! I know I said functionality is first but hey... I’m an artist :idunno
View attachment 1453513
View attachment 1453515
View attachment 1453516
I can already hear my father in law teasing me. “So does the blue keep raccoons out or do your chickens just like to feel pretty?”
I for one love what you have transformed it into.

You do not need to think about this now...my guess is you will start getting eggs late December or early January...but come next summer...those nesting boxes are going to be too hot.
That’s what I’ve been thinking about. It’s even worse because they’re not totally open to the inside. It’s just one little hole that connects to the box from inside the coop, if that makes sense. I’ll have to think something up before they start laying.

That’s what I’ve been thinking about. It’s even worse because they’re not totally open to the inside. It’s just one little hole that connects to the box from inside the coop, if that makes sense. I’ll have to think something up before they start laying.
I noticed this, that is what caught my eye.

Back
Top Bottom