Hurricane on the way. Need advice!!

Nanettr

Chirping
Jul 8, 2019
Charleston SC
I acquired 3 domestic ducks when we purchased our home a year ago. Ducks come to eat a few times a day but are free range and have no specific shelter. I have heard conflicting info. We arent expecting “horrible” conditions but will be getting about 8”-10” of rain within a 24 - 36 hour period and sustained winds of about 45 mph. Should I allow them to continue to free range / natural instincts or put them on my screened porch?

Do you think you can confine them? If so might be a good idea. If not maybe they will find shelter under a bush as long as you don’t flood and they wash away.

50967BA8-ED1E-47E5-A5EA-5865AD505501.jpeg
Do you think you can confine them? If so might be a good idea. If not maybe they will find shelter under a bush as long as you don’t flood and they wash away.
Hey Ms Lydia (I’m back again lol)

Yes I think I can close them onto my 10x15 screened in porch. They come in there to eat sometimes when it is raining. The only thing we have here are tarps that we can try to secure to the frame but I’m not sure they will stay up and they will probably make a lot of noise in the wind rain. I can go purchase other items if you have any suggestions. We can put the large dog house (pic attached) on the porch but they never go in it.

Back
Top Bottom