hurt cat HELP --- Pics

I'm glad Snowy is doing better. Working for the vet for many years I say a lot of wounds like this with the "clean shaved" look. It was always caused by getting hit by a car. The cat skidding on the asphalt removes the hair like that. Just a thought.

Do you have any evidence or proof that you could provide to police regarding your neighbor's harm against any of your animals? There are a number of different laws that can be invoked here, both criminal and civil. If your chickens were harmed, that also falls under livestock laws that are often even stricter than standard animal harm laws. In addition, you could sue them in civil court for damages for your lost animals and any vet bills you have had to pay due to their actions. If you do not currently have evidence or witnesses, you really should try to find a way to get some evidence, as it will pay off for you to do so. What horrible people to do harm to defenseless animals!

Do they seem to be about the same size? a bb gun could fracture a cats leg. I would be on the look out! You have good nieghbors like mine, cps gets called on them they call on us, cops get called they call cps, someone phones the city on them, we get the city on us.

the cat mostly has nerve damage in his leg. thats whats causing it to curl his foot. the pictures look like a dog got hold of him. we have trouble with this all the time. the dog or another larger animal will corner or tree the cat. the cat tries to protect himself by laying on his back all four feet up in the air and scratching for all their worth. even though it has been a while since the incident, watch out for any signs of lameness or stiffness in other parts of his body. there could be an abcess just waiting to happen.

where we live there are all sorts of spay/neuter programs that will completely pay for or cover up to 80% of having the cats and dogs fixed. if you don't plan on breeding the animal please have the spayed or neutered. this will cut down on illnesses, roaming, and fighting.

i hope some of this helps. sorry if i offended you in any way.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just love how people assume nobody gets animals spayed or neutered.

I am aware that dogs attack cats all the time. The puncture wounds in his leg do not reflect a dog or another kind of animal attack. Also, I'm sure it isn't nerve damage. You can feel the bone that was broke in the upper part of his leg and in the elbow. That is why and where his leg is curled. If it is nerve damage, it is secondary to the bone break.

The neighbors ARE facing a 30 year sentence but, who knows how long that will take to be in forced.

Last edited:
Quote:
Filing in civil court is relatively cheap and if they have already been found guilty in a criminal court, you are pretty much guaranteed to win in civil court since criminal court requires guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and civil court requires only a preponderance of evidence, which would be backed up by the criminal court's decision. If you can get some money out of them, it will help you with your vet care while you are in this desperate situation. Based on what you have said here, they are responsible for your vet bills and damages. I wish you the very best with it.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like the cat may have been shot with "shot"... it shoots several small bb sized pellets. (although that wouldn't explain the shaved hair - unless he did get an infection under the skin, it's not uncommon for the hair to just fall out in a patch).

If you can prove or catch your neighbor doing this, you can bring him up on charges. If your cat or other animals (except livestock) strays off your land, the neighbor has the right to shoot it, not saying it's right...but...

If you know someone with a game trail camera, borrow it and see if you can catch him in the act!

I understand times are tough, but you can also be brought up on animal cruelty charges for not seeking vet care for the cat. Keep trying to find someone who will help... maybe you can trade services or something. I once traded services with my vet to do work on the clinic for them intrade for an emergency.

The cat does go in the field behind our house, but it isn't the neighbors property. The neighbors have left, we did put up cameras. The charges the neighbors are facing is for electric theft, that's where the 30 years are coming from. 7 years of theft from one company and more from another company. This is enough for me, knowing they will be put away and we won't have to deal with them. They don't work so we wouldn't get any money from them.

Blah, they sound like my neighbors. Maybe they're related. Only mine haven't been caught yet, the town's too lazy to care. I can't count how many times the cops have been over there, and I know on more than one occasion they were there when the underage spawn/friends of the spawn were both drunk and high. And yet, they didn't file any charges (they were there for noise issues). I just keep dreaming of a farm without neighbors RIGHT next door (yeah, I know, there's winners in the country too-but at least they won't be a beer bottle's throw away from my house).

Glad kitty is doing better. Have you considered keeping him in until whacko neighbors are locked up? I know outdoor cats aren't that easy to convince to stay in, just a thought to keep him away from them until they can't inflict any more damage.

Back
Top Bottom