Hurt Chicken

I honestly don't think a vet will be able to do much other than charge you alot of money. If you're willing to take the time necessary, then I really think that you can fix the leg!

Yes, I did, and it is strange. It seems that the top part is thinner than the other, almost like hanging? Could it be dislocated? She also has a crazy appetite and downs all her water in maybe a hour.
Also, that's good! That means she'll be able to keep her strength up and you'll be able to get her to take the supplements with no problem!

So it sounds like the best you've been able to do for her is numb the pain. Poor girl! Can I see a picture of the joint and a couple of the full leg? I'm thinking the best thing would be trying to build strength back up in the leg through exercises and supplements, but first you'd have to fix the dislocation issue which I think could be helped with the strength supplements.
Sure I will try! Hopefully it won't be too blurry... and I think her leg doesn't look too different from the other one for some reason. But I'll post them in a bit. Let me know what you think!

I honestly don't think a vet will be able to do much other than charge you alot of money. If you're willing to take the time necessary, then I really think that you can fix the leg!
I made a vet appt with a deposit... but if they can't do anything, I don't want to pay for anything major like surgery or something. That would be so great if I could fix the leg like that!

Could a see a picture of both legs next to each other and a couple different angled shots of just the injured leg? I don't want to say anything definite until I see it.
Poor girl won't let me hold her to take a picture. I think it might be her joint or something because she instantly struggled and flew out of my hands. Here are some from the outside:
Here she is trying to balance herself-
1687208650942.jpeg

1687208711936.jpeg

She's slanted like this all the time since she was attacked. It is her left leg that is injured

Poor girl won't let me hold her to take a picture. I think it might be her joint or something because she instantly struggled and flew out of my hands. Here are some from the outside:
Here she is trying to balance herself-
View attachment 3548508
View attachment 3548514
She's slanted like this all the time since she was attacked. It is her left leg that is injured
Poor girl! I've put together a list of things that I think will help her along with some exercising of the leg. I've tried to go the cheapest route and I'm not going to gurantee anything, but I do think it will help!

https://www.naturessunshine.com/product/skeletal-strength/
- This is called Skeletal Strength and it focuses mainly on the joints and muscles and where nutrients are lacking, helping to rebuild and support the skeletal system. I would break open the capsules and mix in with her food twice daily.

https://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Swel...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583657842607564&psc=1
- I used arnica tablets for my chickens that were having joint issues and it helped to take care of it completely. I would apply the cream 2 times daily on the joints. Aloe vera is also an option, but maybe not quite as effective.

Apple Cider Vinegar
- ACV will help improve her overall health. It will give her an improved appetite, improve feather quality, help her gut, and so on. I would add a small amount to her water once a week.

If you happen to have any inflammation tinctures then I would add that to her water as well. If not, then that's okay.
Like I said before, I won't gurantee anything, but I do think it will help her alot! It's up to you though and what you think is best for your bird!

Back
Top Bottom