Hurt leg-PLEASE HELP

It didn't seem swollen to me, here a couple pictures close up. The injured foot is the one that she keeps the pad closed on, so her right foot showing left in the picture.

It didn't seem swollen to me, here a couple pictures close up. The injured foot is the one that she keeps the pad closed on, so her right foot showing left in the picture.

Maybe its just me and not seeing both legs right next to each other but doesn't it look like that one leg may have a little swelling to it. I stepped on my ducks foot once and just knew I had broke her foot, but
I did use the Epsom salt soaks and after about 3 days she began to walk on her foot with out limping, hopefully just some bruising is all your duckling has. and soreness.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm running out to get some now. I ordered a bunch of supplements and brewers yeast as well.

I took her took the vet today and she said it's a pulled ligament. She said she'll be fine and to just let her go about her normal day! If she isn't better in a week I'm to take her back, but she seemed rather optimistic. Thanks so much again! My poor baby.

I took her took the vet today and she said it's a pulled ligament. She said she'll be fine and to just let her go about her normal day! If she isn't better in a week I'm to take her back, but she seemed rather optimistic. Thanks so much again! My poor baby.
That should heal but I think I'd limit her from doing alot of running around ,you know usually when you have an injury like that some exercise is good but rest is also important, I'd still do the soaks it will help relieve and soreness and pain. If you can let her have warm water bath tub time that will help too like water therapy. Ducks are amazing how well they recover.Thanks for letting us know.

Back
Top Bottom