Hurt leg, possibly became paralyzed???

I will try to reremembeto. It looks like she is still tripping over the injured foot a lot.
Do you have photos of her foot and how she stands?
Any swelling of the foot?

She may benefit from you lightly wrapping the foot and leg for support, but you would need to check it daily and keep the wrapping clean/dry.

Do you have photos of her foot and how she stands?
Any swelling of the foot?

She may benefit from you lightly wrapping the foot and leg for support, but you would need to check it daily and keep the wrapping clean/dry.
I have not taken photos. I can get some tomorrow though.

She now is no longer trying to uncurl them to stand on them. She instead tries to walk on them while their curled. How can I wrap them to keep them uncurled?
20230102_134329.jpg
20230102_134304.jpg
20230102_134252.jpg
20230102_134240.jpg
20230102_134200.jpg
20230102_134143.jpg

What are you feeding her?
I'd get her on the vitamins, give her 1/4 tablet B-Complex.

Is she able to get to food/water on her own?
A photo of all her would be good too.

If you are going to try to wrap the feet/legs, do it loosely with vetwrap, but first clean her feet and legs very well with soap/water. Inspect her feet for any abrasions, soft spots or scabs. Dry her feet and legs very well before wrapping. You don't want to wrap soiled feet/legs and you don't want to trap in moisture.

What are you feeding her?
I'd get her on the vitamins, give her 1/4 tablet B-Complex.

Is she able to get to food/water on her own?
A photo of all her would be good too.

If you are going to try to wrap the feet/legs, do it loosely with vetwrap, but first clean her feet and legs very well with soap/water. Inspect her feet for any abrasions, soft spots or scabs. Dry her feet and legs very well before wrapping. You don't want to wrap soiled feet/legs and you don't want to trap in moisture.
I know not to wrap dirty feet XD. She has no visible physical injuries. Check that already after cleaning her foot the first time. No cuts, abrasions, bruises, swelling. Still doesn't seem to feel any pinching unless I do it really hard.

How do I wrap it so that she can actually try and use the foot without the toes curling though?

I do have liquid vitamins, and have seen her eating this morning.

I know not to wrap dirty feet XD. She has no visible physical injuries. Check that already after cleaning her foot the first time. No cuts, abrasions, bruises, swelling. Still doesn't seem to feel any pinching unless I do it really hard.

How do I wrap it so that she can actually try and use the foot without the toes curling though?

I do have liquid vitamins, and have seen her eating this morning.
You'll want to wrap the feet flat.

You'll want to wrap the feet flat.
Turns out I ran out of my b vitamins. Will children's vitamins help?

Also just cleaned her foot again. She was able to stand for a long while with it flat when I helped her flatten it. And found a tiny little round scab on the bottom of her footpad.

Gave her hydro hen for now to help give her a boost.

This is how she was when I helped flatten her foot out of water. She didn't keep it flat as she tried to walk to the water dish.
20230102_152036.jpg

This is how she has been using it. Mostly laying down, and somewhat standing.
20230102_151959.jpg
20230102_151930.jpg
20230102_151912.jpg

What's the children's vitamins that you have? Photo of the label?

Preferably just B-Complex if you can get it.
Already been told mom isn't willing to buy more meds for chickens for the moment. So getting it is not likely. Will get a pic of it soon.

What's the children's vitamins that you have? Photo of the label?

Preferably just B-Complex if you can get it.
I put the splint on loose after figuring out how to keep the toes straight. She is able to sit right now but has yet to try and walk.

Back
Top Bottom