Rebeccama7775

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
My 5-month-old Polish Bantam Rooster has suddenly started limping. At first, I thought he would trip because he couldn't see (His head feathers are very big), but I've been observing him more closely. He walks around normally but sometimes stumbles while walking and he sits down when he eats. He runs normally but he avoids putting pressure on his right leg whenever he stands. He is eating and drinking normally. I see him shift his balance and topple over if he has to put pressure on his right leg. It was very bad yesterday but doesn't seem as bad today. How do I know if his leg is broken? Is it possible that he sprained or bruised it? If so, how could I help him? He was also born with a strange toe but I don't think this is the issue since it is on his left leg. I will try to upload pictures as soon as possible.

My 5-month-old Polish Bantam Rooster has suddenly started limping. At first, I thought he would trip because he couldn't see (His head feathers are very big), but I've been observing him more closely. He walks around normally but sometimes stumbles while walking and he sits down when he eats. He runs normally but he avoids putting pressure on his right leg whenever he stands. He is eating and drinking normally. I see him shift his balance and topple over if he has to put pressure on his right leg. It was very bad yesterday but doesn't seem as bad today. How do I know if his leg is broken? Is it possible that he sprained or bruised it? If so, how could I help him? He was also born with a strange toe but I don't think this is the issue since it is on his left leg. I will try to upload pictures as soon as possible.
Make sure and trim his face feathers as if one eye is covered it can effect balance. If it was broken, you’d see swelling at the break area. It would also be red. If it’s a sprain, it’ll also be swollen. To me, this sounds like a bruise but make sure there isn’t any signs of bumble foot.

Back
Top Bottom