Hurt very badly by dog attack please help!!!

Pics
can you bring her inside and put her in a large laundry basket with some mesh or wire on top?
That’s a very good idea...I made her a warm bed the best I could with old blankets and got the heat turned up to get the small building warm, the building is insulated so hopefully it’ll get pretty warm in there. I will go back out and check to make sure in a bit. If it’s not warm I’ll do your suggestion.

Thank you so much for all the useful information. I went out and set a heater up inside the building so it could get warm for her. She had bedded down but was still very alert. I honestly wouldn’t know for sure if she has infection or not. I’m going to do the best that I can with her tomorrow and hope she recovers. I’m not sure if she’s able to be saved or if she is suffering. It has me so torn I’m not sure what to do just yet.
Sounds like she's settled in.
Getting the wound cleaned well, the smell may go away. If it doesn't, then an antibiotic would be needed. Often a bird can heal fine without them.

You are doing what you can for her, they are resilient. Being alert is a good thing. Give her time and see what happens.

The Blu Lotion looks fine to me, if that's what you have on hand and can't source any of the other supplies mentioned, then just use that.

Please do keep us posted on how she's doing.

Sounds like she's settled in.
Getting the wound cleaned well, the smell may go away. If it doesn't, then an antibiotic would be needed. Often a bird can heal fine without them.

You are doing what you can for her, they are resilient. Being alert is a good thing. Give her time and see what happens.

The Blu Lotion looks fine to me, if that's what you have on hand and can't source any of the other supplies mentioned, then just use that.

Please do keep us posted on how she's doing.
Awesome thank you so much. I most definitely will keep you all posted. The blu lotion is all I have right now and I’ll continue doing the best I can with all the information you all have given me.

She seems to be doing even better this morning. She has been up walking around some more and is even able to hold her head up a lot better today. Yesterday morning it seemed like her neck was weak and she couldn’t hold her head up for very long, but doing better this morning. Also I don’t believe she is infected from what I can tell. I also asked my dad and he doesn’t believe it’s infected either. Thank you all for you help. I’m still hoping she heals and pulls through.

She seems to be doing even better this morning. She has been up walking around some more and is even able to hold her head up a lot better today. Yesterday morning it seemed like her neck was weak and she couldn’t hold her head up for very long, but doing better this morning. Also I don’t believe she is infected from what I can tell. I also asked my dad and he doesn’t believe it’s infected either. Thank you all for you help. I’m still hoping she heals and pulls through.

sounds like she has a fighting chance :)

sounds like she has a fighting chance :)
I sure hope so...as far as progress goes with her holding her head up and everything this first picture I attached was yesterday and the second and third pictures are this morning.

Attachments

• AD3503B1-0F22-4226-9330-AD2A9B761E70.jpeg
    AD3503B1-0F22-4226-9330-AD2A9B761E70.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 16
  • AB586BDA-6E61-469C-9535-7E3254DD4E3F.jpeg
    AB586BDA-6E61-469C-9535-7E3254DD4E3F.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 71F58060-EA60-4982-90F4-1F5AF628820E.jpeg
    71F58060-EA60-4982-90F4-1F5AF628820E.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom