Hurt wing and blueish comb on my roo šŸ„²

It's likely neurological if he isn't able to fold the wing or move it. How is that leg on that side? Any limp?

Until we see more symptoms, I would treat him with vitamin E with selenium or egg to aid absorption. B-complex may also help restore nerve function.
I dont see him limping at all. I will give him more poultry cell and i have some selenium with vit e i will also give tonight

I dont see him limping at all. I will give him more poultry cell and i have some selenium with vit e i will also give tonight
When you can, it's better to get a bottle of both B-Complex and Vitamin E (400IU) and direct dose him. Give 1 Vitamin E daily and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Egg, tuna or a small amount of sunflower seeds will be sufficient for the Selenium.

Get rid of the mites. Dust him thoroughly with a Permethrin based poultry dust, working the dust through all his feathers all the way down to the skin.

He's 6 months old, so Marek's could be the issue, hard to know.
What's he been eating his whole life?

When you can, it's better to get a bottle of both B-Complex and Vitamin E (400IU) and direct dose him. Give 1 Vitamin E daily and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Egg, tuna or a small amount of sunflower seeds will be sufficient for the Selenium.

Get rid of the mites. Dust him thoroughly with a Permethrin based poultry dust, working the dust through all his feathers all the way down to the skin.

He's 6 months old, so Marek's could be the issue, hard to know.
What's he been eating his whole life?
They had medicated chick feed and then was switched to an all flock at about 4 months just cause buying 2 different feeds was not something i could swing. They do get sunflower seeds daily in their feed. And we ferment their feed most days.

I have liquid vit b, ill grab some vit e tomorrow.

Ive already dusted him. I am getting some elector psp maybe tomorrow to spray everyone else and their coop.

Just got a video of his wing. Gonna upload it now and get it posted.

He is still eating, drinking, walking fine

There does seem to be some muscle control of that wing. Try the vitamins and keep an eye on it. If it continues to get worse, meaning the wing drops straight down and he is unable to draw it back into position, which he seems to be able to do now, if incompletely, then an avian virus may be suspected.

Can you get a clear well-lit photo of his comb?

Any discoloration of the feet/toes?

I'd try the vitamin therapy and see if it helps.

I see a tube of what looks like Goat/Sheep Vitamin E with Selenium. How much of that have you been giving? To get a therapeutic dose of E from that Gel, you'd have to give 2X the dose for a Goat/Sheep and that will put you at toxic levels of Selenium.

I think its time to consider culling him. He has gotten worse, hes been eating and drinking taking extra vitamins but his right side is just getting worse. He is very crooked, neck turned, other wing way up on his back. Hes been loosing balance and flopping on his side and he cant get up.

Just makes me really sad, he is so sweet and is still eating and drinking, and talking to me, but his quailty of life is going downhill....can anyone recommend the best fastest way to handle it and how to accomplish it. He is a tiny bantam šŸ„²šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I think its time to consider culling him. He has gotten worse, hes been eating and drinking taking extra vitamins but his right side is just getting worse. He is very crooked, neck turned, other wing way up on his back. Hes been loosing balance and flopping on his side and he cant get up.

Just makes me really sad, he is so sweet and is still eating and drinking, and talking to me, but his quailty of life is going downhill....can anyone recommend the best fastest way to handle it and how to accomplish it. He is a tiny bantam šŸ„²šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I'm so sorry he's not doing well.

When I put a bird down, I use cervical dislocation.

Back
Top Bottom