HUSBAND rant

We just drove to Wisconsin from Wyoming. Everything was dry and fast until Minnesota. south western side was ice and ground blizzards. Also hit it at night. To say the least my DH took over.
My thoughts on this is; since men tend to play on this they develop a better idea of how the vehicle reacts . Their reactions are better at controling the vehicle when some thing does happen.
Not saying that some females don't play. Just males get a thrill out of it. To men they're toys. To me it's a means to get where I'm going.

Quote:
I'll bet insurance agents and state troopers would beg to differ.
wink.png

I think th most important thing is to know the parking lot before you do the donuts. Walmart and TSC are good according to my DH.

Quote:
If he gets a night out without you, then you deserve one too. Go anyway, whether he 'allows' it or not. He has no right to tell you what you can and can't do and he can very well make his own food. My husband learned a long time ago not to complain about what I do or don't do...or I quit doing anything and walk out the door. They get a real wake up call when you do that. They don't want to be single, strapped with the kids and have to take care of themselves lol. And if they don't care, then you are better off finding someone else anyway!

Well my little sister turns 18 on 1/31 and her and her room mate, my best friend and I are suppose to go out and he says no because he has to work the next morning and I don't see what that has to do with anything. I will probably go and it will be a fight but not one I am giving up very easily I have just choose not to fight about it until then.

With the whole man and vehicle thing. My husband had a 4 wheel drive truck that was his pride and joy. Well he decide to take it out to "play" and rode it hard. Somehow he launched a hydraulic 1 ton jack out of the bed of the truck and about 20 feet, and those aren't light. He was suppose to be just pulling my brother and his friends out because they all got stuck. Well that day there was minimal damage to the truck but then a couple of weeks later he truck just caught fire an burned completely. It took the fire dept 3 hours to put out the fire. I swear that he caused it somehow, that day he decided to ramp his truck and play.

YEAH!!! you definately have to scope out the parking lots PRIOR to doughnuts! LOL. Ouch on the pole base! LOL

Just call me redneck!!! And dern proud of it. I can hold my own with the big boys! LOL
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
since men tend to play on this they develop a better idea of how the vehicle reacts . Their reactions are better at controling the vehicle when some thing does happen.
Not saying that some females don't play. Just males get a thrill out of it. To men they're toys. To me it's a means to get where I'm going.

LOL...in most cases I would agree, but in my household, the roles are reversed. I know exactly what my car is capable of and notice the slightest change in performance/ride/engine tone. Hubby gets in and goes and doesn't noticed if it pulls a little to one side a little when you break, if there is a little wobble when you hit 65, the BRIGHT FLASHING ENGINE HEAT LIGHT, the last time he had an oil change, etc...

He just points the car and goes. (At least he knows how to fill up the gas tank...LOL)​

Crappy roads don't faze my husband at all. He's driven in snowstorms, when there has been 8 inches of snow on the roads, he's driven cement mixer trucks in the mountains, he's driven one of those big lumber delivery trucks way up in the mountains in Montana. I remember being caught in a snowstorm in the Big Horn mountains in Wyoming and fishtailing on the corners.

I'm usually a nervous wreck sitting in the passenger seat, but he's never failed me yet.

Back
Top Bottom