HUSBANDS!!

Tricia's Triple Z

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 7, 2007
My hubby and I got into a huge fight. And it ended in that he said that all I care about is my chickens and in the heat of it....I told him YUP, and I am only staying here because I can't take my babies with me. 34 chickens and 11 Guinea Fowl, 2 parrots and a 90 gallon cichlid tank. I know that I am overreacting...this is just venting. Thanks for listening and any advise would be appreciated Thanks!!

hugs.gif

Sheesh! He should just let you have your hobby! And in some cases loving your animals more isnt such a bad thing. Pets actually listen and point out every falt you have/ No offence but he needs to seriously lighten up and if possible get more involved with your birds. The you could pay more attention to him and all of your pets
smile.png

This is a sore spot with my husband too. But he plays video games for hours. Usually with the kids but I am so tired of getting grief over my chickens.
hugs.gif

Quote:
My husband once whined about the money spent on my chickens.

Then I asked him how much his PS3 and games cost -- and that I'd stop when I'd spent that 800.00.

...He's shut up and left me alone since.

My critters are the only thing my hubby and I argue over.
hugs.gif
Mine is just jealous (if you want to use that word) of the time I invest into my animals. He really enjoys my company apparently and doesn't like to share...maybe your DH doesn't like sharing you either, even with chickens
smile.png

Tricia's Triple Z :

Thanks for listening and any advise would be appreciated Thanks!!

Any advice? You sure?

You want to keep your husband, get rid of your chickens!
he.gif

What is really the source of aggravation? You need to take some of your emotion and drama out of the equasion and calmly ask him what he feels he needs from you to make his life better.

My Mom taught me something very valuable. One day I was in a grouchy mood and complained to her about something she did or said in a nasty way. She calmly said, "I'm sorry you feel that way, what can I do to make it better?" How do you argue with that? And it makes you feel very small.

Husbands....everyone's got one and they all stink......oh wait, that was something else....
hide.gif

It will get better. We all have our moments. There are times mine wants to strangle me and I want to strangle mine. I hope everyone is feeling happier soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom