Huskies 🖤 anyone else?

We re-homed him to close lifelong friends .Unfortunately he continued killing animals and after he ate their cats they rehomed him. He was kept inside a chain link kennel so no cats could get close enough to him to be killed or eaten. He lived with them until he passed.
Aweee :(

Do you know if he was purebred? So sad he had such a killing instinct.

My grandparents had a husky, German shepard mix. How name was Buddy he was the best dog ever. He lived a long life it was between 15 and 20 years. His back legs went paralyzed and he lasted a few days, then sadly he passed away. We miss him and there wi never be another dog like him. He had the husky personality but the Shepard guard skills.

I have yet to see Iron Will but I see it on my Disney recommended all the time. I'm going to check it out :D

I know what you mean though. This passed year was a reality check of that for us. DH ruptured his Achilles tendon on a skate with Shadow then my niece (helped so much with the dogs) moved out. A lot has been on my shoulders and I thought I wanted another husky in the future but now, not so much. Just gotta be realistic for the animals sake.
It is such a good movie!!
Isn't that the truth. It's nice that you can see the practicality of whether or not to own more in the future. It is a lot for one person to handle. Like I mentioned, our dog is a mix, lab mix of some sort. She is a little less than a year, so she still has lots of energy. When we got her, I thought my husband would be a lot more involved with the training and stuff, because we had both talked for years about how we wanted a dog. It hasn't really turned out that way. I ended up doing almost 100% of everything she needed, whether it was exercise or training. And it's fine, I'm not putting my husband down or anything, but it is a lot for one person to handle. And she doesn't even have the energy levels that a husky would have!

What beautiful photos and stories! I pined for a Siberian husky as a teen and young adult, but when the time came to contact breeders, they scared me off, lol. Don't think I'd enjoy worrying about a dog that bolts out of open doors and gates and doesn't come back. Ended up with German Shepherds and haven't looked back. Now, if I ever wind up living in a place with lots of snow, I might have to rethink things. ;)

Last edited:
Imma post a pic anyway :oops:

She's not a husky, she's half malamute but too cute not to share💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀ 20210718_143551.jpg

Imma post a pic anyway :oops:

She's not a husky, she's half malamute but too cute not to share💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀View attachment 2834041
Oh she is cute! Thank you for sharing, I'm glad you shared anyways! Sorry, I hadn't responded sooner but all pictures of doggos are allowed :) even if its not a husky. If you hadn't said it, I probably would have never guessed she was a mix of malamute and shih tzu.

Oh she is cute! Thank you for sharing, I'm glad you shared anyways! Sorry, I hadn't responded sooner but all pictures of doggos are allowed :) even if its not a husky. If you hadn't said it, I probably would have never guessed she was a mix of malamute and shih tzu.
Thank you! Her mom is a huge malamute and her dad is approx like maybe 10 pounds max, where there's a will there's a way. My mother in law owns my dogs mom, dad, dads parents, and my brother in law owns the dads parents parents! Lol.

Her full mix is half malamute, quarter shih tzu, and the rest is yorkie, bulldog, and weiner dog

Back
Top Bottom