Hybrid Cross Between a Duck and a Goose: Do Gucks Exist?

Quote:
Remember Jurasic Park? Nature will find a way!
wink.png

My friend put a 30 inch high miniature horse stallion out in a pasture all summer with her full sized mare that was 64 inches tall. She didn't worry about ending up with a foal because of the size difference. Suprise! They found a way We figure she must have layed down for him.

I agree I would want some scientific proof of the mixes occurring but I believe it can happen. It's most likely a 1 in a million chance of it occuring.

And how has the mallard drake managed to mate with the African goose? Isn't there much difference in size? My runner drake has already enough trouble when he tries to copulate with the muscovies.
How can you determine that an egg is fertile although it has not been incubated yet?
The african is small, and they use water to aid them.....and I cracked open 4 eggs and they were all fertile, there is a small Germinal Disk that turns white when fertile....I dont know if the ones she has under her are yet, but I would imagine that they are considering all the others were

So this year I am going on round two of Gucks/Dooses Last year I attempted it with natural incubation because I didnt trust my bator for that important of an egg, and I got either 2 or 3 eggs to develope but none hatched because I chose a poor sitter. But this year I have a GQF sportsman cabinet incubator so I have one egg now but I havent witnessed alot of breeding between the duck/goose pair. Hopefully I will get at least developing embryos.

So this year I am going on round two of Gucks/Dooses Last year I attempted it with natural incubation because I didnt trust my bator for that important of an egg, and I got either 2 or 3 eggs to develope but none hatched because I chose a poor sitter. But this year I have a GQF sportsman cabinet incubator so I have one egg now but I havent witnessed alot of breeding between the duck/goose pair. Hopefully I will get at least developing embryos.
My three ganders are always humping the ducks, but all I ever get are ducks, lol.

-Kathy

fl.gif
for you!

-Kathy
:) Thankyou! Hoping for at least one living specimen to prove the negative people wrong. And the two I am crossing are My two favorite birds I own, Also some of the first birds Ive owned, so I am particularly close to both, they were raised in my bedroom for almost 2 months, and follow me everywhere. I would love for them to be able to have children together

It's just not possible, sweets. :/ That's like trying to get a dog and a fox to hump and make a fog! They're just too far removed; they're not even in the same genus. Geese are in the genus chen, and ducks are in either aix or anas. You can't even mate two separate duck species together and get viable offspring!

Back
Top Bottom