Hydrating chicks

HutsonsHenHouse

Chirping
Feb 9, 2023
Winchester, VA
Hi. I'm new to all this. My chicks are 3 /12 weeks hold. I have been adding electrolytes to the water since they arrived. How long should they continue on that? Or is it no longer necessary? :confused: Thanks!!

Great question!!
You got some good advice here; plain water is adequate.
When I started with chickens last year I also worried a lot about nutrients in water, probiotics, type of food, and so on. With so many supplements marketed it raises questions in my mind, still today, if I’m doing the best for my flocks. Chalk every interaction up to be a learning experience.
I hope this offers you some reassurance that using the electrolytes water as you did didn’t cause any harm. Like children, the next round of chicks is easier and we worry less. Good luck with your flock:hugs:thumbsup

Great question!!
You got some good advice here; plain water is adequate.
When I started with chickens last year I also worried a lot about nutrients in water, probiotics, type of food, and so on. With so many supplements marketed it raises questions in my mind, still today, if I’m doing the best for my flocks. Chalk every interaction up to be a learning experience.
I hope this offers you some reassurance that using the electrolytes water as you did didn’t cause any harm. Like children, the next round of chicks is easier and we worry less. Good luck with your flock:hugs:thumbsup
Thank you for this. It is a bit nerve wracking being a newby. They are flourishing but I certainly do not want to cause ANY harm to them. And there will definitely be more chicks in the future! :love

Back
Top Bottom