Hydrogen peroxide on hatching eggs

Have you applied hydrogen peroxide to your hatching eggs?

• No I wouldn't.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes I would.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wish I wouldn't have.

• It worked for me!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trying it out!

• Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!! If you have tried it please comment below (especially elaborate on how you used it)! I am especially interested in knowing how control groups and test groups have done. If you have any reasons why you would or wouldn't do it I would also like to know why. I know there have been previous threads but they didn't really give me any answers. Thank you in advance! -Eve

Yeah I read it, left me with more questions than answers. Why couldn't the exploded egg be rubbed off of the other eggs? If that would rub bacteria into the egg then wouldn't rubbing peroxide onto a dirty egg it in the very beginning of incubation do the same thing? Did the test and control groups have any difference in outcomes? If washing the egg with water removes the bloom then how does peroxide act differently? Which hatcheries were they talking about? And if hatcheries do it then why don't we?

I'm just so friggin curious and I think a poll might give me better answers. Also if I asked on these questions on that thread someone might get POed that I responded to an old thread. I've noticed that people don't like that 😂

Yeah I read it, left me with more questions than answers. Why couldn't the exploded egg be rubbed off of the other eggs? If that would rub bacteria into the egg then wouldn't rubbing peroxide onto a dirty egg it in the very beginning of incubation do the same thing? Did the test and control groups have any difference in outcomes? If washing the egg with water removes the bloom then how does peroxide act differently? Which hatcheries were they talking about? And if hatcheries do it then why don't we?

I'm just so friggin curious and I think a poll might give me better answers. Also if I asked on these questions on that thread someone might get POed that I responded to an old thread. I've noticed that people don't like that 😂
@BirdsBeesTrees didn’t you try this out?

I washed my Ayam Cemani eggs with a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water with cotton balls. I marked all the eggs I washed, after I washed 1/2 of them.
There were 20 eggs, 19 were fertile. 18 hatched. 9 had been washed and 9 hadn't.
I don't like to put dirty eggs in my incubators, and this proved to me that there's no reason too either.
I don't think it improved any hatch rate other than extremely dirty eggs don't hatch well.

Back
Top Bottom