Hygrometer Questions

I put it in a baggie took out all the air and did ice test for temp. Then did salt test for humidity
Okay, if I can ask...
I read about both of those, but I don’t really understand how to do it with this one..
how do both of the tests work?

Okay, if I can ask...
I read about both of those, but I don’t really understand how to do it with this one..
how do both of the tests work?
For temp fill a cup or bowl deep enough to cover the thermometer with ice. Then fill with water to cover the ice. I put thermometer into a freezer baggie and swished out all air and sealed it.bput that in the water( I kept top part of bag out of water). Let it sit there till it stays at a steady temp. Should read 32f I think it was. If not then adjust temp to 32, like +/- 1 or whatever. Salt test you take a baggie, can be sandwich baggie. Find a bottle cap, Gatorade or something like that, fill with salt, add water just to wet it, if any extra water sitting poor that off. Place that in baggie then place thermometer standing up next to it in baggie and zip it closed. Leave 8-10 hrs I think, double check that time, it should read 75% humidity

For temp fill a cup or bowl deep enough to cover the thermometer with ice. Then fill with water to cover the ice. I put thermometer into a freezer baggie and swished out all air and sealed it.bput that in the water( I kept top part of bag out of water). Let it sit there till it stays at a steady temp. Should read 32f I think it was. If not then adjust temp to 32, like +/- 1 or whatever. Salt test you take a baggie, can be sandwich baggie. Find a bottle cap, Gatorade or something like that, fill with salt, add water just to wet it, if any extra water sitting poor that off. Place that in baggie then place thermometer standing up next to it in baggie and zip it closed. Leave 8-10 hrs I think, double check that time, it should read 75% humidity
Oh my goodness, thank you SO much! Lord’s Willing, that sounds like a good plan that I will try as soon as it comes in! SO informative, thank you again!!

Oh my goodness, thank you SO much! Lord’s Willing, that sounds like a good plan that I will try as soon as it comes in! SO informative, thank you again!!
you can read more on calibrating thermometer/hygrometer on here too. that is what I did. I am by far an expert so my temps may be wrong/off since I did it about 3 weeks ago. LOL but glad I can pass on what I learned here to someone else!

Back
Top Bottom