hygrometer

No, I didn't I'm going to regret that aren't I?
roll.png

Well the ones they make work pretty good. The homemade one I made didn't work at all it had me thinking I had the humidity wrong. So I adjusted it and then had sticky chicks. Bought the one from cigar place and tested them and all but one was reading correct! So I recalibrated the r-com and had a clean hatch from my delawares.

Quote:
I need help with my R-Com calibrating it! can you help?

Have you calibrated it already a couple of time? If so it decreases the range of calibration. So you have to be careful or you'll have to reset it to factory setting and start from there. To just calibrate make sure you let the r-com run for 30 minutes then take a reading. Then lower it to 20% humidity and let it run for 30 minutes and take a second reading. See if your hygrometer is reading the same. If not make your adjustments. BUT make SURE your Hygrometer is correct. I put a couple in when testing. If you have recalibrated it several times and now the range doesn't adjust to what you need it to read then you have to reset the machine to factory settings. To do that just unplug the r-com and hold the set button down while plugging it back in it then release the set button. You will see it say something like reset or re cal on the display. Then let it run for 30 minutes and take your reading. You should be able to recalibrate it then plus reset your temps. If you don't get it the first time just reset it again I had to do it 3 times to make sure I did it right. Now it runs great I had recalibrated it wrong when I did the homemade salt water test. I bought the humidity bags from the cigar store and then had to reset my machine to read correct. Let me know if you need more help. Same thing goes for the temps too let it run for 30 minutes before making any adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom