Hypericum question....

savingpurple

Songster
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
NW Ohio
I have given my hen 3 doses so far, and she seems to be getting ALOT worse.....

I know it is stated that this med will worsen before it gets better, but how can I tell if it really is getting worse, or if the meds are actually doing what they are suppose too?

Also, how long should the "worse" effects be there, before I can expect them to imporve??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

anyone? I am so lost...any help ??any suggestions.

She looks good! Bright red comb, watlles, but only got 5 eggs today when I have 6 hens. BUT, I worked an 11 hr day, so couldn't tell you didn't lay, maybe her.

She couldn't get up on the roost tonight, Had to put her up again.

ANY HELP !!! ?????

what was the initial problem? What is hypericum? Perhaps if you gave us a few more details, someone could chime in
smile.png

okay..quick over view....

injured leg..no visable signs of damage...none....

crated for 2 weeks, in my garage..

seemed better..

tried reintroduction, and that failed...tried again...failed, she just got attacked, and her leg got worse.

Moved her in the crate, outside the coop, for a few days...

moved the crate inside the coop for a week +....

let her out for a few hours here and there , the last 2 days, out with the other hens all day, had the meds, and she seems worse off. BUt the hens are acceptting her, so she has full days with them...with a watchful eye.

Her leg is worse, but a member on here mentioned this works, ...have no other hope for her.....am at the end...

The hypericum is a homeopathic med. Suppose to help with nerve damage.

Wish the other person that used it was around..LOL Have many questions....may stop it...so lost....feel so bad for her...

sorry my thoughts are all over the place...just so sad that I may lose another hen....when she can lay an be part of the flock!

Last edited:
Could be a joint issue. I once had a rooster with a bum leg. Some sort of injury that made him lame. Well, he was always near the bottom of the pecking order.
Chickens, all animals for that matter, sense weakness or disease and try to root it out. Let your hen heal completely and slowly introduce her to the chicken on the lowest spot on the totem pole...and then maybe introduce the two of them....safety in #'s?? Make sure there is a distraction in the coop.....like a head of broccoli or flock block or something to distract the top hens.
I can't help you with the hypericum, I know nothing about it. Sorry.
It will take time, but hopefully with time and patience things will smooth over.

Back
Top Bottom