I’m a new chick Mom! Is this BR a boy or girl?!

Nicchelle

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2020
Hi, I just got 4 chicks and what a joy they have been. I really wanted 2 barred rock chicks but was afraid because they were straight run and didn’t want to end up with two Roos. What are your thoughts on this cutie?! Boy or Girl?! I tried to take different angles. I think it’s between 2-3 weeks old. I’m unsure. I just got them last Friday but this BR was on clearance!

Attachments

Nicchelle

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2020
Hi! Welcome! I have so been in this position! It’s really hard to tell at this age! The white dot in head makes me suspicious it could be a boy but still so young! I didn’t realize mine was a Roo till he was about 15 weeks and crowed! 🤣🐔 They are so cute!!
Thank you 😊 It’s tough because I tried to get the one that had the smaller white dot on it’s head and black on it’s feet (google said sometimes these are “pullet” traits)...but still think I ended up with a roo 😆 & this one is super feisty, with so much personality....which really makes me think it’s a roo!

maryn7

Songster
Apr 29, 2020
NE Illinois
I thought the comb was big also.
My pullet had a monster comb at 3-4 weeks and was so feisty; I was sure she was a boy. Her head got bigger, and it all sorted out. I mean, she's still feisty, but is definitely a girl.

My guess is you've got a pullet based on the headspot and legs - though defer to those that are experts. Good luck!

Top Bottom