I’m adding Goat Groomer to my résumé

Tevian

Chirping
Sep 12, 2022
It’s spring here in Australia which means anything with fur has decided to blow coat, which includes my two goats. One of my goats is a refined young lady, and elegantly drops her coat without any sort of interference. Her brother, on the other hand, likes to make life difficult by emulating his herdmate (a dorper sheep) by being absolutely awful at shedding his coat. To the point where he has terrible little mats everywhere.
Fine… guess I have to groom a goat as well as all the dogs…

C228976B-B4E0-438A-B82B-BF78F266CF2B.jpeg

He has. So. Much. Coat.
He’s very used to me attacking him with a comb (he was a bottle baby), and somehow, beneath all this grey fluff, is his beautiful shiny summer coat.

D13AF1AE-E06B-49DA-AA8B-196252A2738D.jpeg

You’re lucky you’re so friendly, cute, and useful, because I’m terribly allergic to you

Dawww! What a cutie.
My ding dongs looove being brushed. My mini actually sat contentedly in DH's lap for a hoof trim this past weekend. As long as DH didn't stop brushing, he couldn't care less what I did with his feet.
My big boy is 100% wooly booger in the cold months and I always end up deshedding him a bit in the spring too.

It seems to me that there is a scarcity of truly qualified goat groomers in the immediate job market, making this a highly sought-after credential. After adding it to your resume, don't settle for anything less than everything 🙃😉

Your guy looks innocently oblivious and happy!

Your guy looks innocently oblivious and happy!
I refer to him as my ‘vegan Labrador’ lol. He eats anything, and has never had a complete thought in his entire life. He’s also so friendly. People always gravitate to his sister (smaller, cream coloured) but she’s incredibly mean and hates strangers. He just wants to put his head on your chest and gaze into your eyes.

Now, don't let that beautiful fluff go to waste, you can upcycle that into something useful for sure!

I wish I could! Anything I used it for would have to be out of the house cause I’m so allergic to them. My Jack Russell had a great time ‘helping’ by grabbing chunks of fluff and sprinting around with it.
Usually I just leave it for the birds. Goat fluff and shed sheep wool are a very popular commodity for the birds here!

Back
Top Bottom