I’m new to this, Is this an Australorp Rooster?

Extremly lucky! Once I got twelve unsexed chicks and 7 of them were roos... :(
That's not bad. Pretty good odds if you ask me.
yeah, its okeyishly good...
I mean I literally once got 8 roosters out of 9 chicks sooooo..... and another time I got literally half and half with 2 boys and 2 girls. Another time I did get only 1 roo out of 5 straight run birds (and 4 sexed, mistakes can happen) so I got lucky that time. Most recent time is looking like 3-5 out of 9 so far. So yeah, it varies a lot and tbh, 7-5 odds are really not that bad. It sucks, sure, but it’s not at all uncommon to have those stats or even worse.

I mean I literally once got 8 roosters out of 9 chicks sooooo..... and another time I got literally half and half with 2 boys and 2 girls. Another time I did get only 1 roo out of 5 straight run birds (and 4 sexed, mistakes can happen) so I got lucky that time. Most recent time is looking like 3-5 out of 9 so far. So yeah, it varies a lot and tbh, 7-5 odds are really not that bad. It sucks, sure, but it’s not at all uncommon to have those stats or even worse.
Yeah, my first batch I had 7/8 cockerels. Then 2/3 cockerels in what were supposed to be confirmed pullets, so yeah. Stuff happens.

Back
Top Bottom